Special # 2: Flower for Father

[Years Ago]

[Years Ago]

"Shu-shu! Wake up!" I said, barging into my big brother's room.

Renshu yawned and rubbed the sleep dust from his eyes. "What is it, Li?"

"Today's Papa day! Weren't you going to cook him something?"

He bolted up from bed. "That's right!"

I sighed and shook my head. "You forgot, didn't you, Shu-shu?"

His face flushed. "More like I was half awake..."

I smiled. "Are you fully awake now? If not then I could use my water magic to-"

He raised his arms and jumped back. "I'm awake, I'm awake!"

I giggled. "I was just going to splash you a little, not hose you down."

Renshu sighed. "Not sure if our definition of little is the same..."

I tilted my head. What made him wonder that?

My big brother smiled. "Anyway, I'm going to go make the food!"

"I'll help!"

"No! Last time you did, you gave me a bucket's worth of water instead of a cup!"

"Well, you weren't specific. You only said a lit-" Oh, that's what he meant...

He sighed. "See what I meant wow? You have to learn your measurements."

I gripped my shirt. I had to study hard, to not disappoint my brother.

I huffed. "That said, you should've given me a cup!"

He let out a series of short laughs as he tied his hair up. "True..."

"So, can I help? I promise that I won't make another mistake this time," I said, giving him my best puppy-eyed face.

Renshu patted my head. "I was actually hoping that you could get him a gift."

"Oh, what does Papa want? I'll even get him a phoenix egg if he wants!"

He let go of me and sighed. "You're exaggerating, right? Those are very rare. As for what he wants, he hasn't said a thing, but I do have an idea."

"Well, spill!"

"He's looking for some flowers called Fènghuáng Huā."

"Oh, the phoenix flower?"

"Yeah! I found it at the end of a cavern, but I was too big to go in and grab it."

"But you have plant powers, couldn't you draw it over?"

He sighed and rubbed his hand. "I would've, but it absorbs plant prana to grow like how a fire burns wood."

"Woah! Wait, but what use would Papa have for it?"

"He's been working on a cultivation pill, but he ran out of phoenix flower. That's why I set out to get him some for today, but I failed..."