Episode 8: Flames of Learning

"Woah! This place is amazing!" Carter said as he looked around the city

"Woah! This place is amazing!" Carter said as he looked around the city. Strange machines were flying in the air.

"Feels like we stepped into the future," Kanja said, gawking.

Lidia chuckled. "It really does, doesn't it?"

"Does it?" Mira asked, tilting her head.

"You say that because it's your home," Kanja said, sighing.

"True, but this city did surprise me when I first came to it."

"Huh, you're not from here?" Aurelius asked as he munched on some jerky. Likely something from home as he got it from the bag strapped to his belt.

Mira shook her head. "No, I spent my childhood in the countryside."

Carter smiled and raised a hand. "Yay! A fellow country bumpkin!"

Mira clapped his hand, laughing uneasily.

I sighed. Carter might've been worse than me when it came to tact.

"This nation truly is more technologically advanced than the rest of the world," Koukyuu said, smiling as she looked up. "Hmm, it's probably because of its links to Zionia."

"Huh, are you saying that the world of angels is more advanced than ours?" Lidia asked, cocking her head forward.

Our guide nodded. "There was a time when we were ahead, but yes, in the modern age. Well, at least two nations are. Those being Kuroriku and Mizu no Kin."

Lidia brought her left index finger to her chin. "Mizu no Kin, I think I've heard that name somewhere before."

"Princess Sarah's water angel is based on its first queen, that's why," I said, crossing my arms.

Nate smiled. "You sure know a lot."

My face warmed up. "Not really."

Lidia smiled. "Huo's just being modest. Guy loves to research stuff!"

I fidgeted. "Yeah, but you have me beat when it comes to tech."

She glanced up and beamed at the sight of the bots. "Lady Vermeil said that there's someone very tech-savvy in Nine Petal. If I make it in, I'll ask her to teach me all she knows."

"Think I know who she was referring to," Koukyuu said as she snickered.

Carter sighed. "W-wait. W-what did you mean by i-if you're l-let in? O-of course you will be!"

Lidia smiled. "Aww, that's so sweet! Thanks for the continued encouragement, Cart."

The blondie's face flushed. "D-don't mention it!"

"Are we almost at our destination? My feet are killing me," I blurted out. Well, at least it paled to the marsh. That place was Cianio.

Koukyuu smiled as the scent of salt filled the air. "I would say we are very near."