Episode 21: Golden Eagle

Ling smiled as I joined her

Ling smiled as I joined her. "Ready?"

I nodded. "As ready as I will ever be."

"Hailing from the windswept plains of Vandavale is the dashing prince, Aurelius Olivarius Villan!"

"P-prince?" Carter said as I walked away from them.

I chuckled. "I'm only a chieftain's son, but I guess that's close enough."

"Waiting for her opponent like a champion is none other than the Xianian lady, Liu Ling!"

Ling stepped toward me and snickered. "Feels like we're in the Superdome, doesn't it?"

I tilted my head. "Uh, what's that?"

She pulled her hair behind her ear. "You've never heard about it?"

"No, not until now."

Ling scoffed. "And people say that Xian is isolated. It's where the best of the best athletes go. It's most known for its boxing matches."

I chuckled. Wonder how she learned about it.

"Done exchanging words? If so, then begin!" Ms. Key yelled.

Ling smirked and slammed her hands against the ground. "You heard her, enough talk. Time to begin this!" Vines sprouted from the ground like a mighty wave.

I jumped back and forth, avoiding as many as I could. The wind danced around my fingertips as I got closer to my opponent. The vines were becoming thicker and thicker the further I went. I would need to cut them down to size.

"Ventus Perseco!" I yelled, contracting the wind I had gathered into sharp daggers. With one swipe of my right arm, the razor blades slashed through the vines. To make sure that they wouldn't cut Ling down, I had them explode as soon as they got too close to her. The force of the explosions sent her flying back as well as me. A wall of dust separated the two of us.

"Not bad," Ling said, wobbling as the dust contracted into her hands. Green prana surrounded her entire body, healing the wounds on her cheeks and arms.

Seems that this match will go on unless I can knock her out in one go, or she runs out of prana before I do. Not to mention, she has two elements.

I snickered. Well, this would've been boring if it ended with one spell.

I held out my hands and formed a spherical wind barrier as roots sprung out of the ground. The woody appendages slammed down on me as they passed through the intense gales without more than a couple scratches.

I gritted my teeth as I flew toward the edge of the rings. "Pluma," I mumbled as I plucked one of the feathers on my shirt.

A giant white feather appeared behind me, catching me and propelling me toward Ling as if it were a trampoline. By feeding prana into my shirt's feathers, I could alter their size and even their physical qualities, such as their hardness and elasticity.