Reinforcement

Barbie's POV

"Whoa! Good luck dealing with that guys!" Patricia joked.

We went to the place where Aunt Zoe told us to be.

She was already fuming when we got there. And it made things harder for us to admit what was happening.

I gulped.

Are we in trouble?!

“Aunt Zoe!” Renee awkwardly chuckled in an attempt to keep things light. “Whatcha doin’ here?”

Ms. Z wasn’t amused at all and kept her gaze stoic. “I’ve already had a rough couple of days. First the I3 gets bombed and then I hear that my spies are in trouble here in North Carolina.“

Teresa asked. “But how did you find us?”

Ms. Z showed us her phone and a bunch of pictures were displayed on the screen. “It would seem that your sister, Skipper, has been posting your photos on her online blog, Barbie.”

I slapped my palm on my forehead. “Damn it, Skipper.”

"At this point...why am I surprised?! The three of you can literally trigger world war 3 and watch it while eating pizza."

"Pizza?! Where?!" Renee exclaimed.
Aunt Z glared at her causing her to shut up immediately.

Then she turned to me.

"Probably you should have a word with your sister about posting information like this on internet," Ms. Z said, "You're lucky your boyfriend didn't get caught in the ambush."

I could hear Renee and Teresa chuckling.

Patricia gave them a confused look but then she smirked teasingly.

"Ken and I are j-just  f-friends though," I replied.

"Really? But I didn't even say his name," she replied.

Dang! I could feel temperature getting higher in the room.

"Anyways...please enlighten me what exactly happened and how you managed to get yourselves in a mess like this," she said giving us a serious look.

"SowewereonavacationherebutjustyesterdayinafestivalBarbie'sfamilygotkidnappedandthensomeonecalledBarbieanthreatenedhertogivethemransomandspilledoursecretsinfrontofourfriendswetriedtogetinformationaboutthesepeopleandnowwe'rehere!" Renee explained out of breath.

Wow! How could she say all of that without taking a breath?!

“Slow down, Renee,” Ms. Z said. “Take a deep breath.”

She did as she was told before reiterating what she said. “It was all out of the blue Aunt Zoe. Why would anyone suddenly want to come after us?”

“I agree,” Teresa interjects. “It makes no sense because no one even knows about us being spies.”

"No one but enemies of I3. That's the most logical explanation here," Ms. Z replied.

Right then a man came inside unannounced.

"I'm sorry to interrupt...but we couldn't get a word out of Paul Lee. He claims he doesn't know anything," he said.

“Well that was a waste of effort.” Patricia grumbled. “What should we do now?”

Ms. Z thought for a bit. “Barbie… you said someone called you last night and demanded a ransom in exchange for your family, correct?”

I noded. “Yes but I don’t recognize the voice. It sounded like it was being modified.”