Suspicion

Barbie's POV

"Barbie? Is everything alright?" Renee asked as he placed a hand on my shoulder.

I nodded. "Yeah I'm fine. It was nothing."
I glanced around one last time before joining others.

Brooklyn smiled as the we finally gathered. “I’m so glad to be finally hanging out with you guys. Malibu has told me all about you and you girls sounded so fun to be around with.”

"Trust me.... It's so good to be here," Teresa said, "Malibu has told us a lot about you. So what do we do now? We can go swimming, or scuba diving a lot of fun stuff."

I glanced back uneasily to see if anyone was still watching us.

"Barbie, seriously....you seem nervous. What's up?" Renee whispered to me.

I leaned closer.
"I have an odd feeling someone is watching us," I whispered to her.

"Huh...that's weird. I had a feeling someone was following us the entire time, too," she whispered back.
“Hey… guys?” Brooklyn called them. “You, good?”

The girls quickly nodded.

Teresa noticed something off so she asked what’s up while Brooklyn, Daisy, and Nikki, chatted. “What’s going on?”

Renee turned to Teresa.
"There's someone following us around..... Barbie noticed I noticed it, too," Renee replied.

Teresa thought for a moment. “You know I kinda had this weird feeling, too. But I thought it was just me so didn’t dwell on it.”

Meanwhile

Marlo stayed glued to their conversation. Playing it casual as if she was just like the rest of the guests.

“What are they saying now?”

“They think someone’s watching them and you gotta admit, that’s really impressive. They sure have great instincts for young spies.”

“But don’t worry.” She sneered menacingly. “If they ever investigate. I know how to keep myself from their prying eyes.”

Barbie's POV

I glanced around and saw nothing out of ordinary.

"Do you think we should investigate?" I asked.

Renee shook her head. "If anyone's watching us or listening on our conversation probably will get suspicious if we start investigating and we might not get good results. I suggest we do it when the stalker least expects."

I nodded in approval. "So we gotta keep our eyes and ears open. If any of us see anything out of ordinary, we should tell each other."

Brooklyn watched Ken, Stacie, and Skipper surfing the waves.

“Your sisters sure are great surfers, Malibu. But I wanna know about that boy you brought along. I also saw him after our performance in New York.” Her sly smile was ever so telling. And I knew she was up for another round of playful teasing.
I simply rolled my eyes and decided to pretend that I didn't notice her smirk.

I shrugged. "Yeah...he was our neighbor and my best friend ever since we were eight," I replied, "Why do you ask?"

“Oh no reason.” Her eyes drift back to the boy in question. “Tall, lean, cute smile. I must say he’s quite attractive.”

Daisy snickered. “Haha, Barbie thinks so too.”
I blushed....looking away.

I shot Daisy a death glare as I could feel the temperature getting higher.

"What?" I said acting shocked, "Nope! Ken and I are just friends."

“If you say so,” Brooklyn said while the others laugh.

A short while later Ken, Skipper, and Stacie returned from their surfing fun and joined them.

“Hey.” Ken waved at them as he came over. “Whatcha’ guys talking about?”

I shrugged.
"N-nothing," I stuttered.

Renee smirked in reply.

"I don't know about you guys....but I'm hungry," Stacie said.

Brooklyn pointed to a boardwalk near where they were. “There are tons of food stands over there. Wanna go?”

Stacie rubbed at her growling tummy. “Yes, please!”

I grabbed a plate and the first thing I put there was a sandwich.

"I'm going to get some soda first," Skipper shrugged and walked towards where the drinks were.

But right then she tripped and was about to fall down.

But before she could fall down a boy grabbed her arm and stopped her from falling.

"Whoa....are you okay?" he asked.

I quickly rushed towards where they were.

"Skipper, are you alright?" I asked concerned.

“Yeah,” she said, a little shaken up. “Good thing someone caught me. Thanks again—…”

She stopped short when she looked up and saw who was standing in front of her.

When Skipper looked up she saw a boy around her age.
He had brown hair and emerald green eyes.

"My name is Seth," he said with a grin.

Skipper inched away from, a little shy to be caught off guard. But she still smiled. “I’m Skipper. Thanks for catching me.”

I couldn't help but smirk at my sister.

The boy gave her a toothy grin.
"Your welcome, Skipper," he said.

"Again thanks for helping my sister," I said politely, "Would you like to join us for lunch?"

Seth scratched the back of his neck.
"Sure....if you guys don't mind to."

When we got back to their table. The girls all looked at their new guest.

“Who’s this?” Teresa asked.

“This is Seth,” Skipper replied. Her cheeks were still faintly pink and she kept rubbing her arm awkwardly. “He saved me from a stumble a while ago.”

The boy her age waved at them politely.

“So what brings you here, Seth?”Renee inquired. Having take an interest on how Skipper was acting around him.

Seth shrugged at the question.
"My uncle works in this hotel. So he decided to bring me and my cousin here while my parents are at work," he replied.

I smirked at Skipper who glared at me.

"Where are you from? Do you have any siblings? What are your parents' jobs?!" Chelsea exclaimed excitedly.

"Whoa Chels! Give him a sec to catch his breath," I chuckled.

Meanwhile

While the kids enjoyed themselves. Marlo, on the other hand, grinned as she sipped the glass of mimosa in her hand.

“Turns out I didn’t need the back up plan. Your boy is already on the job, Dunbar.”

A deep chuckle guffawed from her earpiece. “That’s good. That’s good.”

Blade, who was beside him back at headquarters, asked, “What are they doing now?”

Marlo dropped her sunglasses down her nose slightly. Her eyes trailing the kids while she listened carefully using the device.

“Looks like Skipper and the rest of them are already liking our little charmer. It’s only a matter of time before she accidentally let some info slip. Blake is doing just fine and is proceeding as the planned.”

“Very well,” Dunbar said. “Keep a close eye on them. But return to base after dark. Clear?”

“Roger that, boss.”

A/N: Wow!
Anyways.... what do you guys think of "Seth"?
Let me know in the comments!