Festival gone wrong!!

Nobody's POV

The festival was going great. There were so many families there spending quality time with each other.

Barbie glanced around as she saw a woman right behind her who was eyeing her.

As soon as she glanced back the woman pretended to look at the items in a small store.

"Earth to Malibu! What has you so spaced out?" Brooklyn called.

Malibu shook her head. "It's nothing."

Brooklyn however didn't seem so convinced.
"Is this about a certain blonde boy you call "just a friend"?" Brooklyn smirked teasingly.

Malibu blushed as she lowered her gaze.

Unbeknownst to them, Marlo heard their conversation.

Marlo smirked at the discovery. She always knew there was something more than just friendship between the two kids. She just needed the confirmation.

"Sir, I have my eyes on our target. She seems to be really alert though," Marlo said over her earpiece.

“Curse it!.” Dunbar didn’t sound too happy at the other line. “Well, I guess that’s to be expected. She has trained in I3 for a long while now. I hate to admit it but those girls have very sharp instincts... grrr nevermind. We already have our sights set on the parents and her little sisters so make sure she’s no where near the carousel.”

“I’m on it.” Marlo replied.

Doning on her wide brimed hat disguise once more and wrapping a scarf around her neck to conceal her face, she approached the young girl.

“Excuse me young lady.” She did her best old lady impression and the teen seemed to have bought it. “But could you point me back to the direction of the hotel? There’s so many people already so it’s like a damn maze here.”

“Sure thing, Ma’am.” She points to the distant south west. “It’s that way.”

Marlo had to up the ante if she wanted to get her away from the scene. She gently grips the girls arm. “On second thought. Could you please escort me back to the hotel? I’m afraid I’ll get lost again and these old bones aren’t the way they used to be so I could use the extra support.”

Barbie was sympathetic. “Oh of course, Ma’am. Here let me help you. Brooklyn I’m gonna be right back, okay?”

She was too busy having fun in one booth. “Alright.”

Barbie's POV

I took the old lady's hand.

"Thank you, young lady. You're very kind," she said.

I chuckled.
"Your welcome. And it's the least I can do," I replied.

Once we got there I turned to her.
"Feel free to ask for help if you need."

"Thank you," she responded as she left.

Right then my phone rang.

I picked up my phone.

"Hey Renee. Sorry for disappearing. Someone needed help," I said.

"Barbie! It's an emergency. Come outside real quick!" Renee said in a very serious voice that worried me.

"Renee! What's going?!" I exclaimed.

Once I got there I saw all of my friends—Teresa, Renee, Ken, Brooklyn, Daisy, Nikki— waiting for me.

Alright.... what was going on?

Teresa and Renee approached me...now they were scaring me. Their eyes wide and full of fear. “Barbie, we’re so sorry.” Renee apologizes.

“Why what happened?”

Teresa hesitated like she didn’t know how the speak, but then her face turned solemn. “Your sisters, and your parents… we… we can’t find them. I think they’ve been kidnapped.”

I gasped.... feeling my heart stop as those words slipped out of my friends lips.

“They… what?”

Ken came up to me next. His expression riddled with guilt. “I told Chelsea and Stacie that I’d come back for them once I buy them cotton candies but they were gone when I returned to the booths.”

“We also can’t find your parents.” Daisy said and Nikki nodded with her. “The last we saw them they were hanging by the carousel ride but then five minutes later—*poof* —it’s like they vanished.”

Brooklyn also looked sad and guilty. “We also lost Seth. And he was the one with Skipper the whole time.”

My heart started beating really fast due to the panic rising but then my phone rang.
I glanced down at my phone. It was an unknown number.

"Are you guys sure they've been kidnapped? There must be another explanation!" I said, "For now I gotta take this."

Ken placed a hand on my shoulder.
"Put it on speaker. It may be the security guard we talked to about the situation," Ken said.

I nodded as I picked it up.
"Hello....who is this?" I said with uncertainty.

“A person you have wronged in the past.” The voice spat harshly. “But let’s not get into any introductions yet. I’m holding your family hostage. If you want them alive you are to bring me 10 million dollars in cash by sundown tomorrow. Don’t even think about reporting this to the police or the I3, or else…”

I gulped. “Or else what?”

The voice in the phone shifted into a more sinister tone. “You’re a smart girl. I’m sure you’ll figure it out. Adiós, Agent Roberts. We’ll see you soon.”

I frowned
"Hang on there! There is no way in hell I'd be able to give you that. I'm not the president of the United States for God's sake! I need more time!" I replied emotionlessly.

“That’s not my problem. Tik-tok, agent. The clock’s ticking.”

Then the line got cut. The man on the other side ended the call.
I narrowed my eyes glaring at the screen.

When I looked up from my phone. Everyone was staring at me. Teresa and Renee in surprise while the rest in confusion.

“Agent Roberts?” Ken asked. “What does that mean?”

Oh boy! That's the only thing I needed right now for the night to be completed.

A/N: *Whistles*
Did anyone see that coming? Hahaha