"I know, I know.  But now you are here so it's done. I will add more money to your monthly pay just for this. I promise." He placed his hand on his heart as he smiled at you, making you leave an exhale after you gave him a death stare for a few seconds.

"You are more unpredictable than dice I swear...but at least you are okay." 

"Did you worry about me?" He raised his eyebrow at you before he walked towards the table, pulled a chair for you and waited for you to go take a seat.

"Why else would I come at such an hour so far away? I am not that much of a masochist you know." You retorted, making him crack up at your use of words, then you approached him and took the seat he was holding for you, feeling slightly more comfortable than before.

"I didn't mean to scare you off, but if I were to have told you how it really was, we both know you wouldn't have come." You nodded your head in agreement for he was definitely correct on that and he took his seat opposite you, with a wider smile on his face.

"You are a workaholic. You should seriously try to fix this. You can't rest even when you are on a break, you are worse than me." Your blunt thoughts had him look down at his food, silently taking it for there was no way he could argue with the truth.

"Then this ended up being a date between two workaholic people. "He joked and you scoffed a bit at the use of words, for even though the environment was that of a date, you definitely didn't consider it as one.

"You said that you wanted to act a scene out right? Do you have the script around?" You tried to change the subject, your eyes already looking for it however his quick and immediate response, had your thought come to an abrupt halt momentarily.

"I lied."

You slowly turned and faced him, goosebumps taking over your skin as you met his serious-looking face, that for some reason made you feel intimidated.

"What?.... Why?"

His eyes averted to the floor as a humming sound trailed from his lips for a while, his hand reaching the back of his head and ruffling some of his hair as he was struggling to come up with words to express himself.

Maybe he should have just kept up his lie but having you face to face he couldn't help but feel bad for hiding from you.

"It's difficult to explain... but let's just say that I was in need to not be myself for a while. Strangely enough when you want them to take over you they don't. " He joked, giggling a bit as he returned his eyes to you, however you didn't find his words are nonchalant as he was trying to make them.

There was something in his orbs, that still left you thinking of the lingering desperation that used to resign in your mother's eyes. Even though it wasn't as loud as it had been back in his voice, in your understanding he still didn't seem okay.

"I wouldn't have liked for you to have been taken over by anyone else tonight because I like hanging out with you and not just your body." Your reply got him by surprise and a shy smile took over his face, as he felt flattered despite the fact that he understood well that you were just trying to comfort him.

"Are you... blushing?" A smirk formed on your lips as you leaned slightly forward, intending to tease him just to light up the atmosphere and he burst out laughing while his hands covered his face, denying words escaping his lips that made him appear so much cuter than his aura was supposed to be.

"You have sure started getting bolder Y/N. I think this is the first time you actually tease me back." He started fixing the tablecloth that was already just fine, avoiding eye contact as he utter his observation with quite a lot of delight.