Chapter 28

"Catch." Derek says as he tosses a coin at Aurora as she catches it in her hands looking at him.

"What's this for?" Aurora asks him as she takes her eyes off of the scans.

"Heads, we do it. Tails, we don't." Derek says as Aurora looks at him confused.

"You're insane." Aurora comments as Derek smiles at her

"It's a gut check.I get a feeling when it's in the air,
what I want it to land on.Flip it." Derek says as Aurora tosses the coin in the air.
~
Aurora was filling out some of the files as Jackson places a cut of coffee in front of her as she turns around smiling at him as she pecks him on the lips. "You are my new favourite person." Aurora says as Jackson looks at her offended.

"Just now I'm your new favourite person. Who was it before me?" Jackson says acting offended as Aurora takes a sip of her coffee.

"It's always been you." Aurora says as she kisses him again as he kisses her back.

"Yeah well I don't think I believe you." Jackson says smiling at her as she rolls her eyes. "Anyway how come you left so early?" Jackson asks as he plays with her hands.

"Derek has a case that we're working on they came in early speaking of which this is him. I'll see you later for Zola's party." Aurora says to him as her pager goes off and she pecks his lips before going to find Derek.
~
His neuroblastoma is more complicated than most I've seen.It's very rare that someone his age..." Derek says to Wes mother.

"They're mostly in younger kids. I know." She tells them.

"It's in a very large region of his spine.There is the very likely risk of paralysis..." Aurora says as Derek looks at her.

"From his upper body down.There's also the risk of death,a death that he is gonna meet in three months anyway if you don't do this surgery. I understand the risks, Dr. Shepherd.The surgeon in-in Boston compared it to dismantling a bomb with your eyes closed, and the one in Chicago said it was patching a dam with gum. You're the ninth surgeon I've talked to. So what I want to know is, are you gonna say anything different, or do I have to take my kid somewhere else?" The mother asks as she looked at the Neuro duo.

"Hmm.There is only a 5% chance of success.Maybe a little less.Yes, if you're willing, I'll try.Okay. Should I go tell Wes?" Derek says as the mother stops both of them.

"Wait. Um... there's something else.He-he doesn't know about his tumor.He's 11, a young 11, and knowing that he's very likely gonna die is not something that's gonna do him any good." His mother tells them.

"Wh-why does he think he's here?" Aurora asks looking at the mother.

"A backache.A very bad backache." The mother tells them as the pair share a look.
~
Aurora walked into the lounge as she flopped down on to the couch as she heard Jackson and April talking about a houses. "Well, this one has a patio and a garage,but this one has hardwood floors and a washer/dryer." April says as Aurora looks up at the both of them confused.

"You sure you want to move?" Jackson says to her not noticing Rory as he was digging through the fridge.

"I'll move. Zola's killing my game.Every girl I bring home wants a baby the minute they see her." Alex says before April can answer.

"No. I'm not living with you.I am trying to get away from you." April says as Alex sits beside Aurora as Jackson smiles over at her.

"All right, then both of you and me.You don't want to live with Mary Poppins." Alex says as Jackson looks at him.

"No, she cooks, she cleans..."Jackson starts to listen as Alex and April cut him off.

"I'm also your friend." April says as she looks at Jackson offended.

"Rory can do that too." Alex says as his sister hits him the arm.

"What the hell?" Alex says to her as Aurora turns to them all.

"First I'm not your house keeper I'm your sister. Second of all April is your friend and not someone made to look after you. Third of all Jackson Avery I get a decision of where we live because we're together." Aurora says to them before she walks out of the lounge.
~
Aurora had finished the surgery with Derek as they weren't able to successfully remove the tumour on his spine as it would kill him.

Aurora walked into hers and Jackson's room as she got changed as Jackson walked in. "Hey I've been trying to find you look about moving we don't have to if you don't want to. Just April suggested it and I said I'd talk to you about it." Jackson says as Aurora turns to him cutting him off.

"I know and we can move. But Alex comes with us if he wants to." Aurora says as Jackson smiles at her as he leans down and kisses her as she kisses him back.

"I guess we can make that work." Jackson says as they both go downstairs to Zola's birthday party.
~
Meredith looks at Aurora as she held Zola in her arms. "Can you hold for a moment?" Meredith asks as Aurora smiles taking Zola from Meredith.

"Hey Zozo." Aurora says pulling faces at the little girl making her laugh as Jackson smiled watching both of them.
~
"Now you want to live with me?" Alex says looking at April as Jackson and Aurora walk over to the both of them.

"No, you're gross and a pig and a skank magnet and you leave your dirty boy socks everywhere.Keep going this way, and you'll wind up old and alone,
wandering the streets with some ancient form of syphilis." April says as Jackson gets between the two of them.

"All right, I think what she's trying to say is, yes, she would be happy if you'd be our roommate." Jackson says to Alex as Rory tries not to laugh.

"Cool." Alex says bluntly as he walks away as Jackson shakes his head wrapping an arm around Rory as he places a kiss on her head.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
There maybe something big happening in the next chapter...
Any guesses?