Chapter 18

Aurora had gone in to work early as she was still avoiding Jackson as well as both of the Grey sisters as she was checking over some of the patients before the 5th year resident breakfast.

"Good morning, and, uh,welcome to your final year of residency.Um...This-this breakfast is the one time
when all the fifth years and the attending's will be in the same room,so... so use your time wisely, residents...Find a mentor...Ask questions, get advice on your futures.And, um, I see you're already chatting away, so that's... that's good. Just carry on." April spoke as Aurora listened to her a bit but found herself dazing off as she looked over at Jackson.

Jackson was stood talking to Mark as his eyes found Auroras as he sent her a small smile as she looked at him a little while longer before going to talk to some of the other residents.
~
"We're going to the scene of an onsite amputation
woman's trapped under her car.You guys are gonna get swamped with bodies.Kepner, you're in charge till I get back." Owen tells them as he gets on to the back of an ambulance.

"Yes, sir. Have fun." April says as Callie gives her a funny look.

"At an amputation?" Callie questions the newly appointed chief resident.

"Uh, I-I meant good luck." April corrects herself.

"You know what? There's bound to be piles of head trauma.Derek's gonna have to talk to you." Cristina says to Meredith as Aurora looks at the two slightly hearing Dereks name.

"I got fired." Meredith says catching everyone's attention as they all look at her.

"What?" Lexie says looking at her confused.

"The chief fired me." Meredith says to her as they all watch as Cristina looks at Aurora then straight at Alex as she walks over to him.

"You son of a bitch.I mean, are you happy now?Cause this is all because of you.You and your big fat, stupid mouth!" Cristina says as she shoves Alex.

"Get off me. Get off!" Alex says as Aurora walks over to the pair as she stands between them pushing Cristina away from her brother as she shouts at him.

"Kepner, control your people." Bailey snaps at April as she goes to help Aurora.

"Stop! Stop!" Aurora snaps at Cristina who ignores her and continues to push against her.

"All your fault!" Cristina says as she pushes against Aurora trying to get to Alex.

"There's no hitting. No hitting." April says standing behind Aurora as Cristina pushes against her again as she stumbles as Jackson stops her from falling.

Aurora looks up at Jackson who's hands were around her waist as she gives him a small smile. "Thanks." She mumbles as she pulls herself away from him as she walks away as he watches her.
~
"Jerry Hoffman.C.T. showed a traumatic subarachnoid hemorrhage." Aurora reports as she looks at the monitor with Derek.

"I cleaned and splinted his humerus fracture and sutured his facial lacerations." Jackson says to Mark.

"Well, he won't need surgery, but let's do a neuro exam every two hours just to make sure." Derek says as he looks at Aurora.

"Let's take a look at your handiwork.Oh, dear God.
My grandmother could sew up a stuffed turkey better than this." Mark says as Derek and Aurora laugh as Aurora goes to check on a few more patients.
~
"Oh, uh, Jackson, Jackson,I need you to take over on
a couple of these." April says as Aurora fills out some of Meredith's charts.

"I can't.I have to see a man about redoing some sutures." Jackson says to April as she looks at him with pleading eyes.

"Please." April begs as Aurora turns to look at him as he looks at her before he gives into April.

"I'll take one." Jackson says to her as he walks over to them both.

"Thank you. Bed 4." April says handing him the file as he looks at Aurora before going to the patient.

"Bailey needs her spleen patient taken to the O.R." Lexie says as Aurora turns away which Lexie notices.

"Uh... he's in bed 3.So... he just, um, he needs a consent form.Make sure that the consent form gets put on his chart." April tells her.

"Uh, right." Lexie says as she looks at Aurora a while longer before she walks away.

April turns to Aurora who didn't notice her watching her. "You do know nothing happened between them." April says as Aurora looks up at her.

"What do you mean?" Aurora says confused to her friend.

"Jackson told me everything he's really cut up over it all and he misses you he won't sleep and he's barely eating. I've never seen him like this before. Just hear him out." April says as she gives Aurora a small smile as she walks away.
~
Aurora was filling out the paperwork for her patient as she overhead Jackson and mark arguing as she smirked slightly at the pair as Jackson walked out seeing her.

"What are you smirking at?" Jackson asks her as she looks up at him a grin still present on her face.

"Nothing just you and Mark. You sound like an old married couple bickering." Aurora says to him as Jackson shakes his head.

"Oh no Mark Sloan is not my type or the person I plan on marrying." Jackson says as Aurora nods as she looks up at him.

"Fine then who is it Avery?" Aurora says to him.

"We'll she's this brunette with these gorgeous brown eyes that I love. She's going to be a badass neurosurgeon and I just want her to know that I'm sorry and I want her to know she's the only women I'll ever love." Jackson says as Aurora looks up at him.

"I think she's knows and I think she wants you to know that she loves you more than anything and that she's sorry she didn't let you explain and for not trusting you. She hopes you'll talk to her." Aurora says as Jackson looks at her.

"Of course I will and I'll explain everything." Jackson says to her as his pagers go off.

"I guess you can explain later." Aurora says as he heads off to find Bailey.