august of 1959

;

1959, Knockturn Alley
- 347 yrs. old

AUGUST  OF  1959 oii

AUGUST OF 1959
oii. | ' i am a black '
___________________

THE MORNING DEW of July 29th of 1959, Celeste received a letter which she didn't expect.

A black envelope sent by a black crow. She stared at it, thinking what might be inside or of course the contents of the letter. It had a white wax with a black cursive 'S', it looked like an invitation to an exclusive and lavish funeral.

But she knew where it came from, it made her stomach churn. The eerie anticipation that gave her nervous chills while she bit her lip every couple of seconds.

With one last deep breath, she took the envelope and opened the black elegant envelope, purposely breaking the wax seal. Her jaw remained clenched and her teeth were collided in the tension.

And she opened the parchment.

To dearest, Celeste,

In orders of introduction, I am Agatha Clockwork. I preceded the late headmistress, my mother Clara Clockwork, granddaughter of the late headmistress of your batch, Aurora Clockwork.

On the years of my mother's batch, a student of Scholomance who wasn't cut in to graduate had stole an antique in from the school. If you must know, no one had graduated after you did... you are the only one after centuries that had properly finished in the academy.

The lady is named Alessandra Lestrange, she lives in London. She died years ago but the professors that my mother sent never retrieved the stolen antique.

I wish for confidentiality of this information. What was taken had been inside of a black wooden box of which a relic to the school. It had been blessed by Circe and Morgana themselves, gifted to the school. It is called the Dagger of Death or the Dagger of the Devil. Only a fully graduated lady of the school can touch it without the box (skin to skin).

And as I presumed, it had been already taken out of the box. I do not know where it would be... but perhaps you can lend a help.

In agony,
Agatha Clockwork.

And there she knew she's in deep shit. She felt obligated and responsible, if the information had been passed then surely the relic would be a danger to anyone or everyone.

She knew about the dagger of course, it was a lesson in their History class at Scholomance. The dagger can only wielded and used by a bloodline of chosen families. However, if the incantation is read aloud and right by anyone, it could resurrect and summon someone who's dead.