her pretenses

;

October 1975, Hogwarts
- 363 yrs. old

HER PRETENSES xi

HER PRETENSES
xi. | ' she's a lie '
__________________

OCTOBER CAME FLAWLESSLY and Celeste had already witnessed breakfast pranks from the self-aquited Marauders. Detentions from different Professor flying in every part of the castle, and Filch running around the halls while calling their names day to night.

A month away. Today, all students are called for a banquet in the Great Hall. So she waited for the three girls at the common room, as much as she felt like Marlene and Lily would constantly pull Alice away from her, they were still tolerable.

"Celly! Let's go!" Alice greeted her and extended her arms for her. Celly. The nickname her brother used to call her, a wave of chest pain engulf her. She only approached the three with heavy heart, the two had their fake smile for her but is fairly okay since Alice likes her.

Marlene and Lily lead the four of them and both Alice and her were following behind.

"Frank brought me to the kitchen last week! It was so beautiful down there..." Celeste nodded at her enthusiasm, she actually haven't been at the kitchen herself. It peaked her interest.

As they reached the Hall, they all sat at their House Table. Celeste sat in the middle of Alice and Remus, "Oh, Celeste. Hi," said he.

"Good morning, Remus," she said with a curt nod, they stared at each other's faces for a while until she noticed his deep scars.

"I haven't seen a lot of you, a lot of students say that you camp in the library," he said, sticking his finger in the middle of the pages of the book he was reading.

Before she could reply, Sirius and James bellowed with the information, "LIBRARY?!" They were like twins in sync. She turned towards them, eyes wide in shock because of their loud voice that echoed in the whole Hall.

"Mr. Black! Mr. Potter! It's too early to disrupt everyone's peaceful morning!" Professor McGonagall shouted from the Faculty's Table, making Celeste, Remus, and Peter snicker at them.

Alice smiled to herself, seeing how her friends shows a little of her carefree side when she's around Remus. There was this spark between the two that she could not understand, they'd look like a good couple, but it's too early to assume that of course.

James scooted beside Remus and turned to Celeste in over reaction, pushing Remus a little to the girl, "So, you've been in the library almost everyday?" Celeste only nodded at him with a half-smile on her face.