frozen spine

;
1899 - 1947, Unspecified- 287 - 335 yrs. old

FROZEN       SPINE oox

FROZEN SPINE
oox. | ' stay young '
___________________

CELESTE FOCUSED on Nicolas and her bookshop who she had felt she had abandoned long enough.

One night, she thought of going back where she loved it best. The place she had always went to, where she would drink her Butterbeer. A place she had never seen without snow, it was always snowing when they went for visits.

Feeling relieved and excited which she didn't show, only her eyes shimmered with her, embodying her ambitions again. Hogsmead.

"Papa! J'ai pensé à l'extension!" Shouted with less glee but still showed her passion for the business.

She briskly walked down the stairs to their reading room, a small smile on her face. She saw Nicolas reading a book but closed it and lays it on the small table, looking at her with joy.

"Mon cheré, what iz eet?"

"Hogsmead, Papa! You had always said I should go back home..."

A wave of fear crossed Nicolas' chest, even Celeste saw it in his eyes. What if she leaves me? He thought, absurd it may sound, but if there's a concrete reason of her not coming back to him, then he'll be alone again.

Suddenly, hundreds of years together felt like weeks for him. "As much as I want to hear it, Mon cheré. I actually feel tired, je suis désolé." And walked out of the room, fear and pain eating him inside.

She saw it. The first in hundred of years that Celeste had felt bad of mentioning home. But it is home to her because that is where Celeste originated, but if she was asked where is her home really. She'd answer that it's in his arms, or when his arms wrap around her tight.

Afraid of letting go. They had the same fear now, outliving the people they love.

IT. WAS. LOVELY. The manor was two-story tall; has three rooms upstairs, a bathroom too; a kitchen and a reading room on the other side of the house, while it the half was a connected kitchen and countertop table which faced the sea. The living room felt more like a lounge in the view of the water, the house was open to the fresh air and sunlight.

She bought it with her money. The money she had earned because of the bookshops, the business even boomed when they had changed their designs and sold some very old titles with discounts. She had managed to sign thirty-four publishing houses to directly supply their books to her.

Now, she bought a beach house in the coasts of Italy. Nicolas loved it, but insisted that he'll only visit every time and then. They both agreed that Celeste needed a house for herself. Nicolas visits every Sunday using floo and they have the best days with that.

But that wasn't really the reason. Last week, she visited the Gaunt Manor to look for some of Gormlaith's books. Two-centuries that the house hasn't welcomed any visitors, not even thieves.

But she took the wrong book, not the book she had read on the wretched house. She picked up another accidentally, in a hurry that she didn't want to stay their until night comes when even in the day it felt eerie.

They still scanned through the pages still. And the writings on the page were from the old religion... she understood it. It's the same alphabet that Scholomance used, she knew how to read it.

"So, what did it say?" Nicolas asked as he saw her face sunk in deep thought and sadness. She had read the page about the curse used on her, she knew that it was the curse of course...

vis obscura evocari.
cui cor nigrum est.
etanima cuius mersus est in tenebris.
ego per opaca atran accerso.
maledicto eam immortalitate.
hoc solum desinit cum unico obvios.

maledicta erit immortalitate!

"It said I am to stay immortal until my soul had found the one... but it didn't say that I would stay young, Nic," she said in a worried tone, Nicolas only nodded at her, not understanding it as well.

He suggested that maybe it could be on the other pages, however they found nothing. Not on the other books she got as well, they had no answers. A dead end.

"But I'm glad we found answers, Nic... even a little."

And in the String Realm, Sashura knew that the knowledge of the curse won't really help. The higher being Fenna, had felt a little sympathy for her.

"Sucks to be human."

°miafelumini

°
miafelumini