She wants different things and I want different things. She wants to settle down right now, and I? I want to live a bit more of my own life before I bring someone else's into this world. 

Not only did we not have anything in common, but when I woke up she was the last person I wanted to see. The last being I wanted to invade my life... while the only person who fitted into each category I had was... Alex. And it was like that even before Alex. She just happened to infiltrate my life at the right time...

But right now, I needed to see her. To talk to her. To be with her alone again...

I haven't seen her since the incident, and it is killing me to only dance with image of her in my mind... I needed the real Alex. The one I was going to see in less than 5 minutes. And the only way was to get her alone with me in a room full of people, was to push all the right buttons...

_______________

I set down the students last assignments on their desk, with a letter grade at the top of their page. Making it more than visible of what they received on the assignment. 

I leaned on my desk, watching each student slowly filter in after the bell rang. Keeping an eye out for the tanned legs that haunt my dreams every, single, night. But when the late bell was about to ring, my heart started to plummet into my chest, when I couldn't see her anywhere.

Thankfully, right as the late bell rang, the classroom door in the back of the class swung open. Making my gaze immediately catch eyes with the so-familiar ones I imagine in my free time.

She held her gaze to mine, as she walked to her seat. Appearing more than pre-mediated with each step she took closer to her desk. Her hair was straightened today, and looked almost 3 inches longer than before. No longer wearing a bandage around her hand, with there still being a slight pinkness to it. But as she walked to her desk, I had a feeling I was getting a different side of Alex today. 

She seemed almost too calm...

I rounded my desk at the front of the classroom and sat down, giving the students directions on what to do for todays class, when I saw Alex finally sit down at her desk. With her eyes still on mine, not once looking down at the piece of paper with her name on it. 

After I concluded my directions, I looked down at the planner in front of me. Noticing Alex, finally start to look down at the paper on her desk...

I felt a smile, sheepishly sneak up into my face, as I kept my gaze looking down. Counting in my head.

In 3... 2... 1–

Before I could finish counting, I heard the sliding of chair and the shuffling of paper. Followed by a fast approaching footsteps, as I—

"C?" I heard her ferociously say, as I slowly looked up at her.

"Ooooo Mr. Cole is in for it now." I heard one of the boys in class say, to a couple of friends.

"Pardon?" I asked, all confused. When I saw her eyebrows furrow, casting me a look that would scare anybody other than me.

"Watch out Mr. Cole. The only thing Alex cares about more than herself, is her grades." I heard Jade laugh out. When Alex then turned her sharp gaze at Jade.

"Shut up Jade, the only thing you're good at is spreading your legs for a grade." Alex shot out. Making the whole class erupt in laughter, while Jade's laugh to immediately fizzled into a breath and a glare.