Chaper 6

John POV

Alexander walks up to me and smiles "hey, how was Peggy?"

"She's alright, she seems to be getting better" i reply and give the kids the things I got them.

Anne gets up and jumps into my arms. I pick her up "papa will you stay home with us tomorrow? You haven't spent a day with us in ages, we used to do it all the time when mama was here"

"I don't know sweetheart I have work and-" Alexander comes up behind me and puts his hand on my shoulder

"Relax John, your kids want to see you, spend time with them and enjoy yourself for once" eh says softly.

I look at him for a moment then nod and look back at anne "sure baby, I'll stay and we can have a day together

She smiles and hugs me. "I wanna Alexander's teaching me how to write and now I can write my name! Can I show you?" She asks excitedly

I smile and put her down "of course angel" I sit down next to her while she writes.

After the kids have gone to bed, I walk to my home office to see Alexander, he's working in here now cuz he doesn't want to leave the kids alone. He's smart

I knock on the door "hey.. do you have a minute to talk?"

He turns and looks at me "of course, what about?" He gets up and walks over to me.

"So Um.. today with Peggy I told her about last night, and she helped a lot.. I think I know what I want now."

"Oh.. cool. What do you want?"

"I want to be with you... Not any labels or anything, or a serious thing. I just know that I love you and I want to be with you.. and I'm not over eliza, I won't be for a long time probably not ever but I think I'm ready for this.

He smiles "really?" I nod. He pulls me into his arms and hugs me "thank you John, I love you and I promise I'll give you all the space or time you need, I'll give you whatever you need"

I smile softly and hug him. "Thank you.. that means a lot" I bury my head into his shoulder

He kisses my head "you should get some sleep" i nodd and take his hand and walk to my room "jack- I still have to do some work I'll come in in a few minutes ok?"

"You need to sleep as well" i reply, holding his hands. "Please.. I'll look after the kids tomorrow, you can work then"

He sighs and nods "alright" we get into bed and he pulls me into his arms again

The next morning

Alexander POV

Holy fucking shit. John wants to be with me. I might cry, or scream, or both. But either way, he wants to fucking be with me!

He's still asleep right now and I'm too lazy to get up, also he looks just adorable curled up next to me.

I play with hair while he sleep for awhile then get up and make the kids breakfast. Gabriel comes to the kitchen first "dada why were you in papa's bed last night?"

"Um.. papa was cold so I gave him a hug to warm him up" John won't want to tell the kids for awhile or at least until we're in a serious relationship.

John soon comes downstairs along with the other kids, "papa! What're we gonna do today?" Anne asks John

The kids all look at him "well, um we can do whatever you want"

"can we go to the park?" Gabriel asks excitedly, John smiles and nods "and get ice cream?!"

"Of course you can baby, pip ever what do you wanna do?" he asks the older two

"I wanna make a fort with popcorn and chocolate" ever said smiling

"Yeah, pip what about you?"

"I don't mind.. I'm happy with anything" she shrugs, John walks over to her and hugs her. He's an incredible father, these kids are so lucky.

We spend the day doing anything the kids want,  and John seems to enjoy it as well. I watch as he Carry's  the kids around on his back and plays with them.

He seems almost as if he was never heartbroken. But still, a few times when the kids aren't completely paying attention to him he looks heartbroken.

Soon it's time for the kids to go to bed; me and John tuck them in and John sings to them like he used to.

After a bit John comes downstairs and sits next to me on the couch.  "The kids asleep?"

"Yeah,  they're in my bed" he smiled and leans against me.

I smile and kiss his cheek "aww they're such cute kids"

"Mhm well Gabriel gets his looks from you" he looks at me. I chuckle

"I guess so" I chuckle and kiss him softly "i know we're not really a couple but I wanna take you out to dinner tomorrow... not necessarily on a date but just to dinner"

He thinks for a moment then nods "alright... not a date but dinner" he agrees