Hardcase/Halo

Sorry if it seems kind of sloppy, I finished writing this at like, 3:30am

I also needed a serotonin boost after my recent depressive episode

Warning: overuse of the word 'smile' and it's variants

But overall I hope you enjoy :)

Song of Inspiration: Starset - Halo

_______________________________________________________

All your life, you've been pushed around, betrayed, lied to, and ridiculed. No one has ever even stopped and thought about what these things could do to your mental state. After experiencing such things people always told you 'it's not a big deal' or 'you'll get over it' but the thing is, you never did. Because of this, you were never able to fully trust someone in fear of your past repeating.

And then you met him.

I can see you running, running
Every night from the same darkness
It's coming, coming
But you are not alone

Hardcase was always easygoing, a complete jokester, and full of life. He always found a way to make a dull moment suddenly more interesting. If you were close friends with him, he would always find a way to make you feel a whole lot better. At most times, it would be jokes or something rather funny. But if that didn't work, he would use words of reassurance or just straight up hug you. Even though he's probably done it once or twice, hugging was his favorite form of comfort. He's never been able to do it, however, because others he's met were rarely upset.

And then he met you.

If you just say the word
I'll be there by your side
You make me more
You make me superhuman

You sat comfortably in the café chair and slowly sipped your warm drink. The week has been rather hectic but you managed to work your way through the chaos. You glanced out the window and saw the many people who were with their friends or loved ones, relationships you couldn't have. You looked away and down at the table, failing to notice the person approaching you.

"Hey, is this seat taken?" You hear someone say.

And if you need me to
I will save you

You look up only to blush upon seeing that the person is very, very handsome. You then started to feel nervous around him, although you didn't know him.

"Um, n-no, it's not." You managed to say, averting your gaze back to the table.

You were expecting him to take the chair but it shocked you when he sat down instead. The grip on your drink tightened slightly as you became more nervous. Uncomfortable silence filled the air as you tried to come up with something to say.

"So, uh, what's your name?" You hear him ask.

"(Y/n)." You simply answer, gaining the courage to look at him.

There was a smile on his face and you couldn't help but smile back.

"What's your name?" You asked.

"Oh, it's Hardcase." He replied.

"Interesting name, I like it."

Send out the signal
And I'll fly low
If it means the death of me
I won't let go