Echo/Date

Ayyye, give it up for our boi Echo

Plot: You never got asked out to dates while growing up and that changes when you go to 79s
_________________________________________________

You sighed for what seemed like the 5th time in the past hour. You were completely bummed that you didn't have anyone to spend time with. With moments like these, you would usually go to the local clone bar to relax.

You left your apartment and out the building to go to 79s. You always had a sense of security when you were around the clones. You knew about the war and immediately felt bad for the troopers since they couldn't have normal lives. But overall, you were grateful for them being there to protect people who didn't know about it.

Lost in thought, you hadn't realized that you were standing outside of the bar. You shook your head and walked inside seeing various clones scattered about. Some were wearing blue, some were wearing orange, while some just had unpainted armor. You looked at a pair wearing, you think a double shoulder pauldron and a kama. One with a 5 on his temple looked like he was teasing the one with a blue handprint on the chest plate.

You smiled at their brotherly love and sighed sadly as you sat in a nearby empty booth. A waitress came over and you ordered a water. She nodded her head and turned to walk away as you rested your head in your hands. While waiting, you overheard two people arguing over something.

"Dude, just ask her out." one said.

"What? No! What if she doesn't say yes?" the other said.

"Of course, she'll say yes! I mean, look at you!"

"I'm wearing armor, and I'm pretty sure that it's not a sight to look at."

"Pff, whatever. Just do it already!"

"Fine, if it means you'll leave me alone!"

The waitress came back over and placed a glass of water in front of you, breaking your trance. You thanked her and picked up the glass. You took a small sip then set down the glass as a clone sat in front of you.

"Hey, uh, sorry to disturb you but may I ask you something?" He asked shyly.

"Sure, go ahead." You replied with a smile.

"Uhm, will you go on a date with me?"

As soon as you heard those words, you became shocked. No one has ever asked you that question before.

"You want to go on a date, with me?" You asked, still shocked.

"Uh, yeah, I do." He said slightly confused.

"Are you sure that you haven't mistaken me for someone else?"

"What? Yeah, I'm sure."

"Sorry, it's just that this is all new to me."

He looked at you curiously as you crossed your arms and casted your gaze down.

"What do you mean by that?" He asked slowly.

"Well, um, no one has ever asked me out before." You replied, not looking up. "You're the first to ask."

You grabbed your glass and took another sip, expecting the trooper to leave.

"Then it pleases me to be the first." He said warmly.

You had the courage to look up and see him smiling at you. You smiled back as you placed your glass down.

"Ah, where are my manners, my name is Echo. What's your name?" Echo asked.

"(Y/n). It's a pleasure to meet you, Echo." You introduced.