The Proof

Tw: Mature language, Insulting slurs towards the boys and others, manipulation, blackmail, threats of violence, mentions weapons and other sensitive content. Read at your own discretion.

Again a reminder, this is pure work of fiction. All the characters and institutions mentioned in this are purely out of imagination. Do not correlate them with real life incidents. 

Jessica's pov.

'Alexander thinks he is smart. He is cunning for sure, he is trying to rile the boys up, trap dad in. But what he doesn't know is that I have 4 Geniuses on my team, excluding me of course. He doesn't know we already have got hang of his plan. So go ahead you fox, try your luck.' Jessica thinks while Alexander is trying to make his presentation dramatic.

"Let's not dwell on the gossip Mr. CEO,  you said you have proof. So let's start from there." Jess stated, this somehow turned Jakes's smirk into a frown. And he asked one of his assistants to switch on the projector. On the screen they could see pictures of some busy street and at the centre of it was a hooded figure, wearing a grey mask,and glasses, Walking through the crowd. As the pictures proceeded through the sequence, they could see the person taking the hood off, brown luscious long waves of hair flowing with the wind. Then next to be gone were the glasses, asymmetric eyelids peeking through. The guys were used to it. There were doppelgangers everywhere trying to make money sending these "proofs". But something about the way these pictures were clicked, made them look different than those premeditated ones. These looked like they were clicked by someone who was hiding, keeping it low. 

Third Person's POV 

The boys were hooked. Because Kook's face was showing all kinds of emotions. It's like he saw something no one else could. The face, of which each of the nooks and corners he had memorised for years, he couldn't fail to recognise. He spent years studying that face. For an artist like him, he couldn't not recognize his muse for a lifetime.  So he knew, even before the mask came off, he knew it was him. He shuddered, lips wobbly,  voice waving, he called for his Jimin hyung. He knew, if apart from him someone else could recognize that face without taking away the covers, it would be the platonic soulmate of his lover. And he saw the exact same reflection of emotion on Jimin's face too. It's the only confirmation he needed. They were holding each other's hands, so tightly, as if they left those hands, they would be sucked in a blackhole. 

Jake laughed wickedly. "It's your boy isn't it Jeon? Huh? I thought so. But for you Woo, keep watching the next photos, to get your answers." He commented. 

Jessica was watching each of his moves, very carefully, but she wasn't the only one. There was the other genius from her side who also was focused on Alexander rather than the screen. As if they knew what he was going to show, or rather they planned what he would get to show. So while the others were ready to jump from their seats, these two people were leisurely rolling in their chairs. So when the next slide played everyone but these two were shocked. They saw their Tae, clinging on and back hugging someone, who looked like a guy of petite built, chubby cheeks;  crescent, kind eyes with plump lips. Joon and Jimin knew exactly who that was. One had met this person years ago, and the other one has been picturing him in his head for years. The first one was introduced to this guy by Yoongi, and the second was introduced by Yoongi again, but in a drunken state. 

Jimin's Pov

Jimin couldn't hold it in, he released a quiet sob. How many times he is going to lose to the same guy, the same one who had been conquering the past of his lover, and the present of his soulmate. The one and only Chris Woo. He had nothing against Chris, he didn't even know him, but still every inch of his existence was threatened by Chris as he remembered, Yoongi calling Chris, 'irreplaceable'. So even though he had so many similarities with Chris, he always knew he could only be a 'replica'. The ghost of Chris's perfection kept haunting him in his dreams.