The Flashes

Jungkoòk's POV

The ride to the HQ was dreadful is what Jungkook thought. The minute they allot the notification, things become blurry. First he took it all very casually as it's not the first time they got such "leads''. But then he realised not even once in the past incident, they were called in for a meeting. They just had a conference call, and that's it. The leads were eventually dismissed as false alarms or someone trying to make a sick joke out of their desperation. Funny, right? 

He kind of lost the love of his life to that chaos, not like they broke up, or lost feelings for each other. The letters that he gets from Tae still tells him that he still loves him. And kook does too. He doesn't mind waiting another lifetime for his love to come back to him. But it's difficult to survive without seeing him, hearing his soulful voice, holding or even just touching him. 
Touch, yeah, they both have always been very close physically. Nothing sexual about it though, romantic for sure but not exactly sexual. Touch has always been their love language, their grounding force, solace you may say. Two people, poles apart from each other, put together at a very fragile age, god knows how did they become so inseparable. So whenever a timid introvert and a flamboyant social butterfly found themselves in an ambiguity or uncertainty, touch became their channel of communication, a way to give each other the strength to hold their shit together.

They were too young when they came to know that the bond they shared was very different from the one they shared with other members. They never claimed that they were closer than the others, but they were indeed different. Everyone else close to them realized this, way before these two fools did and accepted nonetheless. So the 'unnecessarily' long hugs, fleeting pecks on cheeks, rushed caresses on the napes, backs and lingering squeezes on biceps were so normal between them that no one even questioned when they keep doing this even after growing up. They didn't question it either, the transition from being bandmates to becoming best friends to lovers was so smooth and so seamless that they themselves could have missed the time it all changed to something substantial, lifelong. Surprisingly all their members, families and staff who were close to them were very supportive despite the many cultural boundaries this relationship had crossed. As everyone one of them knew, they were the yin to the other's yang! Water to other's fire! They balanced each other out and it was just so organic.

The company had to put some restrictions on them on Cam, as even the fans started noticing the subtle difference these two had from other members. Not that their PD nim didn't support them, but it was for their own protection and stability of the band. None doubted their love and commitment towards the band, their members or quality of their work, but it was cause people couldn't accept the "unconventional" human relationships (sarcasm intended)

Tw: internalized homophobia 
Being in a society where same sex /fan-service/ was well recieved or even demanded but same sex relationships are looked down upon, company couldn't risk getting the band subjected of hatred. Few so called 'fans' were very ruthless, their obsessive behavior had pushed a lot of other contemporaries to take extreme steps, and the Company couldn't risk that. So there were few rules for their on cam behavior for some years, and the duo was okay with it (very awkwardly so). All these rules started to slowly go away, after they went global on a large scale and their contracts were renewed. But they stayed nonetheless. They were not yet allowed to come out publicly or be seen together out in public, on their own. They still always found the way.

And he hoped they found the way yet again, if these leads were right.