The changes

Jìmin's POV.

He hopes he gets to see his hyung today. It's been months. In more than a decade he spent with Yoongi, he had never seen him so indifferent, so distant. And it hurts, of course it does. He loves Yoongi, and not just as his hyung or a friend, he has been in love with him since god knows when. But he kept it all in. Not that he is afraid to come out openly, but Yoongi just has been so unreachable. It's not Yoongi's fault though, he never claimed to be all high and mighty, it's Jimin who put his hyung on a pedestal where he is just so divine, all knowing and Jimin thinks he is just a mere human. Well, of course if he said it out loud, every fan of his would laugh and call him crazy but this is just how he feels. He just thinks this highly of his Yoon. 

It's not like he ever tried to deny his adoration for Yoongi, but he always tried to mask his romantic feelings for him under their everlasting friendly bickering. So when he 'accidentally' saw a compilation of 'Yoonmin bickering like an old married couple', he knew exactly how miserably he failed! But did Yoongi notice THIS? Only Yoongi knows. And by looking at Yoongi's dating history, he concluded that if Yoongi could reject the most intimidating candidates (according to Jimin), he, Park Jimin never stood a chance. You see, Jimin does have a self-doubting, self-demeaning bone in his body, but let's not talk about it.
Coming to think of it, Yoongi always showed him openly that Jimin was his favorite, always been vocal about praising and encouraging him. But he is just being a good hyung, right? Nothing special about their relationship, just plain and platonic.

So let's just say they will always be Yoonmin, the old married bickering couple, but platonically, or so Jimin thinks. But it changed, in a far worse way. Yoongi started becoming different, distant. They all were different during the chaos, but they all fell back into their new but natural rhythm, but Yoongi never came back to it. And he had reasons. Everyone thought that with everything happening around and Tae going missing, Yoongi lost his composure. It was obvious, they were close, but so was he! He needed his hyung the most after he was torn away from his platonic soulmate. But somehow he lost his hyung too.

It was almost 2 years back, after their post-pandemic comeback, they gained a lot of attention (not that they didn't have it already). The good kind and also the not-so-good-kind. There were two many things happening at the same time. Their ènlistměnt was under the decision of exemption, but it wasn't taken well by the other companies and toxic fans of other fandoms. There were campaigns against them, media outlash, cyber bullying, sasaengs trying to dig into their personal lives; so that they can find dirt on them and what not. They knew this would happen, but they were not aware of the scale of it. And amidst of it, their growth in the global market brought them a lot of financial advances which landed their company into greedy hands. A global corporate giant was trying to take them over for years and slowly but surely they finally succeeded by playing a dirty corporate game. They had started to buy out the shares from all the small and not so small shareholders by the flick of their wrist. And finally they took over. It was nothing like how their PD nim raised it.  They wanted more restrictions and more inhumane rules so the artists would only focus on companies' financial growth and gaining more investments. They were overworked, blinded, and manipulated. They were going backwards in time and no one was liking it.

The pressure was just too much, which the majority of them couldn't bear without losing a bit of their sanity, but Yoongi and Tae suffered the most. Tae went MIA and at the same time Yoongi got distant. If someone was at the losing side at the end of it, it would be Jimin. He lost his soulmate and also the other half of his soul

But hopefully he will be able to breathe again. They found something, and he hoped it was something good. With that thought he saw the car coming to halt. And he saw him, standing outside the building entrance, Yoongi, in all his aura. Wise, seasoned, determined look on his face, and was it excitement? A glint that he saw? No, he must have misjudged. But he finally saw his Yoon, and it was enough for him at that very moment.