S4:C16; The Basement

Start from the beginning

"You're insane... I should've reported you the minute you asked me to help you do this!"

"Yeah, you should've. But you didn't. You helped me. Like the revengeful little creep that you are, haha! And you're gonna keep helping me until I don't need you anymore."

"I-I can't! I don't want to be a part of this anymore," Graham whined.

"Oh, no? Why not?" Cooper pouted mockingly. "You were so eager to touch him before. What's changed your mind now? Huh? You're afraid of his scars? Tch! You should be grateful I'm even letting you see them."

"He doesn't deserve any of this, man," Graham whispered tearfully.

"He used you to make me jealous," the ex-convict mentioned in a way that seemed like he was trying to remind Graham of why he should be angry with me.

"He doesn't deserve this, though... He's not a stuck up guy that just goes and uses people on purpose—"

"Yes he is," Cooper scoffed a laughed.

"Look, man, even if he is," Graham shouted. "I'm not okay with this! I-I don't want him here anymore! I won't report you but you need to move him to some other place!"

"I'm not going to do that. Your place is the perfect hideout. Nobody's gonna suspect you, so he's gonna have to stay here," the psychopath said nonchalantly. "I'll try to level with you, though... You got a basement?"

Graham froze for a moment, resembling a deer in headlights. The expression he wore was so guilty and secretive, it was scary. "N-no. My basement's full," he stuttered.

Cooper chuckled deeply and looked down at me with a wide smirk. "I think he's got something he's hiding down there. What do you think?"

I didn't respond; mostly because, again, I couldn't with how hard he was holding my jaws, but also because I didn't want to find out what it was that Graham was hiding.

"Yeah," he laughed, turning his head to face the younger man again. "What are you hiding, Spam?"

"N— I'm not hiding anything. I just, it's full of my parents' stuff and... It-it's full," he muttered.

"Oh, yeah? Let's go clear it out, then," Cooper said in a bubbly tone while he got into his feet. "Cameron, you'll come with. I mean, not because I think that you'll run away—I know you can't. You're half paralyzed—but I don't want you to feel left out."

"Nobody's going to the basement," Graham said strictly. "You can keep him up here, alright. Just stop prying about the—"

Cooper stepped over, getting into Graham's face. "Basement. Now," he demanded, sending chills down my spine. His hard, stern tone seemed to shake Graham as well, since he didn't put up any other argument, but led us towards it.

Upon reaching the door that I'd assumed led downstairs to the underground room, Graham stood aside and gestured for us to go first . "Haha, what are you playing, huh? Chivalrous," Cooper chuckled. "Go ahead and lead the way, kid."

With a sigh, the younger man stepped inside first, and since Cooper had carried me on his back, I had no choice but to go along with him as he entered the dark undercroft.

I shook horribly upon feeling the cold, eerie atmosphere of the basement, and suddenly a light clicked on and I was staring into the pale, gray face of a dead woman sitting against the furthest wall, facing the exit. "AAAAAHHH!!" I screamed, throwing myself off of Cooper's back; I'd hit the hard cement floor with a painful thud but I was too scared to stop and comfort my aching bones.

"Yikes," Cooper mumbled. "Who's this?"

Graham didn't say anything. I could feel his eyes locked on me though as I crawled towards the stairs. "Aren't ya gonna get him," he muttered. "He's crawling away."