Smoke break

"Remind me.." there was a pause followed by the click of a lighter igniting and the slow inhale of your companion taking a well deserved drag. "I'm asking for a raise once we get back to sanctuary." And with that came a silly, crooked toothed grin and a chuckle punctuated with weak plumes of smoke through his sharp nose.

It was by no means an easy "in and out" job. A pack of feral ghouls had been spotted a little too close to a settlement and understandably needed to be eradicated. However what neither you or your poor sniper buddy expected was there to be a glowing one is their midst. That..that was an issue. Nonetheless, a couple rounds of ammo and a lot of silent "oh shit"'s later, the two of you were covered in probably radioactive sludge..but at least very much so alive.

Meeting the man's crystal blue eyes you couldn't stop your own answering chuckle. "Oh shut up, I don't even pay you." You jested, seizing the chance to swipe his signature hat off his head as he attempted a look of exaggerated shock. "My presence is payment enough."

As though to highlight your words, you stole the cigarette from his hand and took your own needed drag.

"That's just cold, babe." He tittered with a light red hue surfacing on his nose and ears. "I think I deserve a little something-something for my service." He pouted, sitting beside you on a dirty, dilapidated hood of what used to be a car of some kind.

Smiling, you glanced at the cigarette between your fingers, watching the smoke dance from the opposing end before finally looking towards him and leaning close. The smell of smoke, gun powder, and blood was almost overwhelming- but it did little to deter the chaste kiss you pressed on his unexpecting lips.

"Well Macready.." You drawled, taking another quick drag before blowing it in his face teasingly. "Let's get back home, clean up a little, then I'll see about how I can pay you back." You purred, clarifying the meaning further by giving a playful wink and a quick gentle squeeze to his upper thigh.

"I like the sound of that." Was all he could think to say in reply before you decided to extinguish the cigarette and start walking back home.