Reacting to shaun teaching their youngest how to swim:

(Let's pretend they are at a vault or something...?)

Cait:

"Oh god..those little ankle biters are gonna smell like wet dog when they get out of there."

•She couldn't be any less worried. As bad as it might sound, it wasn't because she fully trusted Shaun either, it's because she truly didn't think that anything bad would happen. Cait taught herself how to swim when she was a kid- so why couldn't her own figure it out?

•Try as she may, she still couldn't hide the serene glimmer in her eye as she watched the two start playing around. She might not ever admit it- but it was plain to see that having a family made her happier than anything else in the world.

Curie:

"You're doing a wonderful job, chéri!"

•Getting Curie to stop freaking out about the potential bacterial infections the kids could get was perhaps the hardest part of letting them swim.

•Once you convince her that the facility was the cleanest possible given your post apocalyptic circumstances- she chilled out and even deemed it necessary that your youngest acquire the skill.

Danse:

"I'm proud of Shaun- it takes a lot of courage to assume responsibility in this manner. However, do you not think we should be a bit closer? Just in case something goes amiss."

•He really tries to just go with the flow- but hell, Danse is extremely over protective over both of the kids and he'd rather cut off his own hand than allow something to happen under his watch.

•Nonetheless, he was being truthful- Shaun's willingness to teach his younger sibling how to swim shows that the boy is mature enough to take on responsibilities. This much made Danse very happy, even if he was just one moment away from jumping in the water himself and retrieving the two of them.

Deacon:

"Eh, I've never been big on going underwater. It's a good skill to learn though! Just please..for the love of god, don't drown. Kidding! Kidding..."

•After recovering from the slap upside the head you promptly gave, Deacon would just give a stupid grin and look off.

•His remark was founded upon some little nugget of fear, as ridiculous as it may seem. If he could, Deacon would keep Shaun and your youngest away from all the terrible dangers of this world- shit, he has tried bubble wrapping them before, but that didn't go over well. So..Despite swimming not being the most dangerous commonwealth activity, he still can't wait for them to come out of the water.

Gage:

"I don't know about you, kiddos, but I don't really see the fun in getting wet. I get it, your ma/pa thinks you two should know how to but..I think teaching ya'll how to field dress would be a better use of our time."

•Let's just start off by saying that Gage has no idea how to swim. Sure, he can dog paddle...but that's it. He never really liked water anyways.

•Watching Shaun teach his baby how to swim was arguably one of the most stressful times he had. He just knew that if something were to go wrong, there wouldn't be jack shit he could do about it and it horrified him.

•Definitely not a fan. Not even when his youngest seemed to have a helluva good time.

Hancock:

"You..uh..you two be careful, okay?"

•There we're many situations where Hancock could play it cool, but this simply wasn't one of them. Okay, he wasn't nearly as bad as some of the companions on the list- but he still had his reservations about letting his kids go off swimming.

•He would sort of nervously sit at the side of the pool, trying to get a grip and just enjoy the moment.

Macready:

"Would you look at them? Those three are gonna give us a run for our money, aren't they? Heh, either way..think Duncan and our littlest one will remember how to swim in a week?"

•if there is one thing this crusty little rat man loves, it's quality time with his family.

•The entire time Mac is watching with an excited grin, cheering on his kids despite Duncan's obvious disapproval and "Be cool, dad"'s.

•Personally, he doesn't know how to swim well enough to go join them..but maybe he'll let Shaun teach him too! That is- after he gets a couple pictures to put in the family scrapbook.

Maxson:

"I suppose it's for the best they learn. *sigh*. It sounds absurd, but I can't seem to wrap my mind around how much our baby has grown up."

•At first Arthur was content with supervising the children, almost threatening to chuckle as he watched his youngest float listlessly with those obnoxious safety floats around their arms as Shaun tried his best to show them how to do a breaststroke.

•However for some unknown reason, the realization hit Arthur. His "baby" was now old enough to swim..which seemed to landslide down into the thought that they would soon be old enough to enter squire training. He wasn't ready for that. He never would be.

Nick:

".......where did Shaun learn how to swim?"

•Asking the real questions here.

•On a more serious note, Nick is skeptical about the whole water ordeal. Considering he has lots of exposed, sensitive "parts", he really rather stay away from it. That being said, he observes shaun and his newly adopted child from afar, even though he wishes that he could be a bit more involved.

Old Longfellow:

"God on you, my boy. That's gonna be a very valuable skill back home. Can't tell ya how many times I've slipped off the docks in my days."

•He is very approving of Shaun's lessons! True to what the old man said, being able to swim is vital to surviving back on the Island. (Even if the water is horribly irradiated, sometimes it's better to take some rads than drown)

•Will probably be the most likely out of the companions to go ahead and join in, coaxing sole to follow suit.

Piper:

"Aw, look at our babies, blue..growing up too soon. Oh..and Nat.."

•She is more with Maxson in the whole "can't believe my kid is getting so old!" group- however unlike the Elder, she isn't sad about it. Seeing her children..and Nat..play around together makes her unbelievably happy.

•While swimming isn't exactly a luxury that the average wastelander can enjoy safely everyday, Piper rather likes it and thinks that it is for the best that the kiddos figure out how to do it.

Preston:

"Good job, guys! Think after you two become masters, you can teach the rest of the Minutemen how to swim?"

•He's joking..Maybe.

•More on the relaxed side, believe it or not. He has plenty of faith in Shaun and would rather not damper the moment by being over bearing and anxiety ridden.

X6-88:

"You're entirely certain that this water has no radiation in it- correct?"

•He's clearly on edge the entire time the kids are in the water despite how well your youngest seems to learn.

•It's probably one of the few times you'll see the physical signs of his nervousness- he'll start pacing, fidgeting with his hands..trying to stop himself from calling it quits and telling both children to get back to land.

•Why he acts this way? Well, he isn't  completely sure in all honesty. Perhaps it's something to do with the inherent danger...