Just a bit of elbow grease

He was like a machine.

The commanding officer of Recon Squad Gladius was many things. He was determined, practical, and dry..but amongst all things he was quite handy.

Watching Paladin Danse work on his armor was always an interesting pass time. It was rare one could catch the soldier appearing disheveled outside of combat but when he was fixing up his previous power armor..all bets were off. Being as close to Danse as you are though, well, you get the privilege of seeing this once rare sight quite frequently.

The previous mission you embarked on was a difficult one. Some settlers were spooked by a pack of feral ghouls mobilizing close to their home. Naturally Preston decided that was a job for the general of the Minutemen to tend to. Before you could even pose the question, Danse was ready to tag along without a shadow of a doubt.

Overall the clearing was a walk in the park, only a few scratches and bruises. Alas the same couldn't be said for Danse's beloved power armour.

As such, you've found yourself in a familiar situation. The soft, occasionally distorted sound of old country music playing weakly over the radio accompanied by the occasional clang and thud of tools on cement paired beautifully with your friend's visage. The usually well put together Paladin had his uniform rolled down and tied around his waist, his hair was a ruffled mess and his thick eyebrows were furrowed accentuating his deep concentration. All while a sheen of sweat glistened on his bare chest and back- seeming to highlight just how attractive your dear friend was.

Such things weren't something to be entertained...

"Mmh, I don't understand..." His low voice interrupted your thoughts, drawing your attention to his face just as his Amber eyes flitted over to you. "It appears this pin is entrapped in the metal. I can't seem to pry it out like usual..do you mind handing the oil can over?"

"Oh..oh yeah, sure Danse..no problem."