You have gained + 5

Ability points

You have gained progress in the title (2 out of 15): hellhound hunter

You can sense hellhounds in a 1 KM radius

+25% damage to all canine enemies

+ 5 to all stats when fighting or hunting a canine enemy

You can communicate with your tamed hellhounds

You can stop hellhounds from shadow traveling away from you

You now have : hellhound claws

You now have hellhound teeth

What's shadow traveling? If the name is anything to go by it would mean traveling through the shadows. That would explain how macaroni suddenly disappeared and reappeared next to me.

I could also totally exploit the +5 to all stats by fighting a canine and other enemies and leaving the hound till later.

Speaking of upgrading my levels, I really should start putting my ability points into my stats. When i first put them in i was just concentrating on my school work, but now i know that monsters are real, and seem to be surrounding me for some reason.

I definitely had to upgrade my luck though, seriously. How can someone have 0 luck?

Come to think of it, Lamia also had 0 luck, and Bellerophon was a literal walking disaster zone.

That was actually the reason he's my favorite hero. Because he was just a kid who caused a lot of accidents that he was unfairly blamed for, just like me.

I guess it must be a child of Poseidon thing.

Question is how would luck be measured? Would it have a max 100% capacity or would it just stretch on infinitely.

Well there's only one way to find out. Since I have 30 ability points, I think that I should give a 30 to LUC, after all, I could luck out and get more ability points, or luckily have an enemy kill themself like Lamia, that would be hilarious. This also means that if ever i have trouble on a test which would be most of the time i could get at least a 30% by guessing.

I also have no clue how to level luck out normally, what would you do to get luckier? Play a game of chance and win?

I suppose that's how most card game players improve, through experience. But would that actually improve my luck or my skill?

I guess I'll have to find out.

I rarely plan anything out and why would the weekend be different?

This sometimes means I spend my weekend doing anything I can do, like swimming, running, and otherwise goofing off.

But sometimes there are things that come up that need to be attended to. Like suddenly learning that the greek myths are real, you aren't actually human but instead a demi-god, and of course becoming the champion of three ancient woman who control the fate of every living thing.

Things like that make me make plans.

First things first: survival.

Greek myths are real; they somehow survived until modern day. And if Chiron's Bio saying that he died once is anything to go off it means that extremely dangerous and famous monsters like the hydra, the nemean lion and the chimera.

So far I have encountered 7 monsters including the daedalus bot. Come to think of it, all the monsters that want to kill me so far have all been female or a robot. What a coincidence.

Ignoring that odd fact, it's clear that I'm in danger, and I have to learn to defend myself. Riptide is a great weapon, but still I need to know exactly how to fight with it.

Even excalibur is useless in the hands of a novice. There's only two exceptions to this rule but they're swords from norse mythology, and as far as i could tell only Greek mythology is real.

But that's no reason to be skeptical, heck if anything it's proof that norse mythology is real.

I'm getting off track, where was i?

Oh yeah, learning how to use a sword. I need to know how to fight back so I have a chance of not turning into monster meat.

It seems like DEX improves my damage output with riptide dramatically. And from what I know it would also help improve my agility and reflexes dramatically.

So I should focus on upgrading DEX, that's much easier than upgrading LUC. DEX is fine motor control, meaning smaller movements, so, origami, card tricks and tumbling would be the way to improve. I guess I could also try and do underwater gymnastics, with my being the son of Poseidon that should be easier.

Second thing: leveling up.

It seems to be based on exp and quest rewards so I can hunt monsters that I can easily kill and farm to level up. From past experience both hellhounds and the daedalus bots are farmable and plentiful so if I find a place with a lot of them I am set.

The labyrinth should do, I remember something about becoming a gladiator in my half-brothers arena when I got that labyrinth quest. So there must be more monsters hidden somewhere in the labyrinth.

But still, does it have to be fighting monsters? Maybe not, but it's probably the most efficient way of leveling up.

I could also level up my stats individually. I could probably improve LUC by flipping a coin and guessing the outcome correctly. But I doubt that would do much. Maybe if I played games like blackjack, or other gambling games.

STR, INT, VIT, and DEX are all pretty self explanatory but what about WIS?

It's basically like INT but somehow different. Maybe it means that INT is math problem skills or knowing facts but WIS is more applicable knowledge or maybe it is things like philosophy.

But right now I need to level up, and the best way to level up is to go into the belly of the beast, the labyrinth.