Chapter 8

Pick of Seb

Clem's POV:

After I heard 'Code Red' from my phone, I sprinted to the car, how could we already have a code red. I got into the car ignoring the shouts from my so-called family I wait until I hear Ant and Bell get in and then I Speed up, making the tires squeal. All of us are silent, Letting plans formulate within our heads.

If I wasn't so well trained I wouldn't have heard the slight ticking, getting faster and faster, before I could fully comprehend what I was saying I shouted, "Get out of the fucking car, there is a bomb under it, this must have been the code red." I quickly grabbed a gun out of my holster and placed it on the accelerator before I jumped and rolled out of the car. Ant and Belle following my lead. Second later the bomb went off and fire hit us. Most people would have been screaming from the pain but not us. We were taught to withstand extreme pain.

Being chained to a concrete wall when they set fire to the wall will do that do you. When you start to feel you skin bubble from the heat over and over again until you don't feel the pain anymore. When you are used to being locked into a freezer until your hands are blue just to make you resistant to cold temperatures, I may not feel many emotions but I also feel nothing because when you have experienced the pain I have felt, little things as scratches don't measure.

Flashback:

'Get up' he shouted at my face. Startling me from my sleep. From his voice i knew something bad what about to happen. When he speaks calmly the beatings are bad but when he's mad everything's worse.

I didn't even have time to get onto my knees before he's grabbing my arm and hauling me of the floor. Practically  dragging me across the floor, he was going to fast for me to get my footing.

'Sit' he commands as if i was a dog. it takes everything in me not to roll my eyes, otherwise i would be severely punished over my usual torture sessions. Oh, excuse me lessons as they like to call it.

Before, I could even register the cold metal chair  I was sitting on I felt my skin start to burn. Originally, it was just some warmth I didn't know I needed (I had gotten too comfortable and familiar with the cold.)

once the warming of my skin ended, i started to feel my skin burning, bubbling. I screamed and begged for them to stop. All I got in response was a slap to the face and shouting for me to shut up. Maybe, this the time that I lost all hope of returning home or being the same because if these people were willing to turn my skin into liquid for their own personal laughs, then what hope did I have of not becoming a monster.

Time was lost on me. It could have been minutes but it felt like hours, days and months to me of my skin burning. Every time, I nearly lost consciousness they would slap me or pour water on me, avoiding the area they were burning, to bring be back to consciousness.

I screamed until my voice was hoarse and tears stopped streaming down my face. Until I was to exhausted to move. That's when I was realised that when I could take the pain without showing anything or feeling anything it would stop. Because just like he said on my first day 'I'm going to be their weapon'

Flashback Over

"Is everyone ok?" I ask.

"Yeah I guess that training we went through really helped," Ant replied humourlessly. That's when me and Ant looked at each then Belle. Belle came later to our so-called school, so she wasn't but through all the torture and training we were. When we look over, she looks fine but because we know her so well and know she can feel the heat staring to burn her.

"come on, lets move away before we get burn" I say, even though I don't feel it. Belle gives me a deadpan look saying she knows why I did it but moves away anyway.

"What happened" B asks, "To be honest all I can think of was that someone planted this bomb to go off at a certain time and when I got the call that's what it must have meant." I reply, I see Ant nodding along with me in agreement.

Before, anyone of us can speak again, we hear tyres squealing behind us. We all turn round to see my family jump out of the cars and run towards us, all I do was roll my eyes and then smirk when I see Brit come out as well, I know she will not be able to take the heat. Call me mean but she is the root of what happened to me so, Do I care? Ummmm NO.

"Move the heat will burn you," I hear my dad shout, that's when i notice how close we really are. As a group we walk forward my emotionless face back on, well I guess my normal face. Before, anyone has a chance to speak Brit opens her mouth in another screech, "Its so hot, like i'm dying and sweating Dadddd lets move," she wines, I need to wince at high pitched her voice is like does she know how high pitched she is honestly. All I do was roll my eyes in response and I see Ant and Bell glaring at her, disgust obvious in her face.

My dad ignoring her says instead, "What happened, you ran out of the house like someone was casing you and then your car blows up,". All I do is glare, and say, "First of none of your business why we ran out and do you really think I would have let Ant and Bell into a car with a bomb," I'm furious. I see Belle and Ant look at me and through their eyes I can tell them saying what about yourself, But I stopped caring long ago, because I when you feel no pain danger isn't scary, maybe that's why they trained us.

In response all my Dad does is huff and basically demands that we move into his home, before I can disagree he droves home. I look to see And and Bell staring at me all I do was huff and say "I guess we are moving in then but we can have fun," I feel an evil smirk overcome my face and see And and bell have the same smirk. OOOh now torturing my family who left me in the hands of those people will be fun. So with that we start walking back but not until I notice Seb waiting for us looking at me with worry and question in his eyes.

''Let go then and party," Ant says laughing and I can't help but join in.