"what?" i chuckled. "you're kidding, right?" i un-crossed my arms.

"no, i'm not. i know you might be mad at me but i don't regret a single decision i made. i'm glad that i gave you up too, abby. she's an amazing mother and i could've never have raised you better than she did." he told me as i looked away. i was in disbelief. the man that id least expect to be my father, was my father?

"why didn't you tell me sooner?" i got up from my chair. "i wanted to, and i've tried. after the bomb in ton dc, i'd been contemplating about telling you." he looked down and shook his head.

"i'm sorry, athena." he looked up as a tear fell down my face. i looked at him one last time and walked out, leaving him be with his thoughts.

-

"that's a lot of firepower." kane walked up behind bellamy. "let's hope we don't need it." bellamy gathered his things. kane looked at me with a sympathetic face as i looked away.

"what's the mission?" kane asked him in a small voice.

"planing for our future." bellamy passed a gun over to monty's mother, hannah. "you know, that looks a lot like our past." kane told him.

"he's right, bellamy." i hated saying that but i had to admit that kane was right, and probably always will be.

"we're bulding a life here. not trying to make peace with people who only understand war." bellamy put on his back pack.

"damn right." hannah came up behind him. bellamy pulled me with him as he packed up the jeep.

"stay safe." he kissed my lips and placed a hand on my bump. "stay safe, too. i love you." i placed my hand on top of his.

"i love you too." he pulled away. "let's move out!" he shouted and entered the jeep.

"today, bryan." he told bryan as he stood next to miller. i walked over to kane and smiled. "marcus, i'm sorry. i've had a lot to process this week." i looked at him. "you have nothing to be sorry about." he nodded his head.

-

"chronic pain just doesn't go away overnight." my mother paced the room. "the data says it does." jackson confirmed.

"elevated level of serotonin and dopamine in ravens blood are consistent with her claims and since is within normal limits, i'd say it's not drug-induced." jackson told her.

"you look disappointed." jackson looked at the expression on her face. "no. surprised." she corrected.

"we have all been through so much that it's hard to recognize hope, even when it's right in front of us." jackson smiled at the women. my mother smiled as she turned her head to kane as he walked over to us. i smiled at his direction and looked back at my mother.

"athena, jackson. can you go check on the grounder patients in lock up? and report back to me, okay?" my mother turned to us.

me and jackson nodded our heads and left kane and her alone.

-

"see you on the other side." jasper muttered as he was about to take the "key". i instantly grab his wrist and stop him from taking the pill.

"don't." i looked at jasper.

"are we interrupting?" my mother said from beside us as we looked in between jasper and jaha.

"not at all. please, join us." jaha waved his hand. i look at jaha and take a seat next to jasper.

"may i?" my mother pulled her hand out, signaling that she wanted the pill. jasper reluctantly handed her the pill.

"you seem to be working miracles with these. what is it? and i don't want to hear that it's a key. give me the science." abby looked at jaha as he looked away and smiled.

"it's a silicon-based device. once ingested, the filaments reconstitute in the brain stem and interrupt pain receptors, inhibiting certain neural pathways from firing." jaha professed while looking at my mom.

"should have stuck, with "key." jasper smiled as jaha chuckled.

"would you mind if i run some trials on it? i just want to make sure that there aren't any side effects. would you have given it to wells without testing it first?" the sound of wells name made look down at the ground.

"wells?" jaha asked her. i furrowed my brows and looked at him. how could you forget your own son?

"yes." he looked away as he scratched his white beard. "yes. of course." he sounded unsure.

"jasper, i need a minute. please." she looked at the buzz cut boy. "can i have that back?" he rubbed his hands together, as a coping mechanism to calm his nerves.

"now." she ordered. "please." she blinked.

"i'm shutting you down." she grabbed the bag of pills out of his hand. "that's not necessary, please, abby." jaha pleaded.

"it's been so long since i've thought of my son." jaha shook his head. "you forgot about your dead son?" i scoffed. "athena." my mother whispered.

"i'm sorry. i'm not gonna let you give this to anyone else until i get a chance to look at it." she averted her attention to him. we then got up with the bag of pills her her hands. jaha quickly gets defensive and rushes to stand up.

"i am only trying to help eliminate pain. same as you." jaha tried to compare our jobs.

"whatever it is, it's eliminating more than just pain." my mother then grabbed my arm and walked away with me by her side.