Fruit of the Poisoned Tree

Start from the beginning

Hayley and Victoria were hanging out in Hayley's room when Rebekah entered the room where Victoria was sitting in an armchair and Hayley was sitting on the floor. "Time for the demon spawn to snack!"

Victoria sighed, "I really wish you wouldn't call her that."

"Oh, sorry, have you picked another name yet?" Rebekah asked sarcastically. She held out a basket of apples to her. "Take one, the plantation's lousy with them."

Victoria chose an apple, "I feel fine...which is weird. I'm sure it's Sophie-related."

"Then, do me a favor, and don't die on my watch! I'll never hear the end of it."

Hayley turned to the blonde, "You know, when I first met you, I thought you were a real bitch."

Rebekah smiled, "What changed your mind?"

Hayley shrugged, "Oh, I still think you're a bitch!" She smiled, "I've just grown to like that about you."

"That's what she thought about me too, Sexy Bexy." Victoria said.

Rebekah chuckled, "Aw, well, that's sweet of you to say. And 'Sexy Bexy'?" She turned to face the pregnant teen.

Victoria chuckled, "Well, you get bexy from Rebekah. Then you get the sexy...from you." She told her with a flirty smile, causing the blonde to smile with a very small tinge of pink on her face. Victoria winked at her, as Rebekah laughed.

She was able to compose herself before her face turned serious. "Remember it when I'm gone."

Both Hayley and Victoria frowned confused, "Gone? Where are you going?" They asked.

Rebekah shrugged, "I only came to town to make sure everything was okay with Elijah. He's fine, and he hasn't punished Klaus for daggering him, so...as usual, they'll be thick as thieves, and I'll be left to clean up the mess. It's time for me to fly the coop."

"Oh..." Victoria said while Hayley stayed quiet.

Victoria went to bite the apple, but she started to feel woozy. She dropped the apple.

Rebekah frowned, "What's wrong?" Hayley immediately got up to go to her side.

Victoria shook her head. "I dunno, probably morning sickness..."

Rebekah placed her hand on Victoria's forehead, "Oh, you're burning up, actually."

Hayley nodded, feeling for herself, "Let's get you upstairs and into shorts so you can cool down." She helped the girl up, leading her back to her own room. Victoria was doing great until she stumbled and fell forward. She blacked out as someone caught her before she could fall on her stomach.

 She blacked out as someone caught her before she could fall on her stomach

Victoria had woken up in her bedroom. She was burning up, she hated the feeling like she was on fire.

Rebekah blotted sweat from Victoria's forehead with a damp washcloth to cool her down as Hayley did the same with her chest.