•Another Idiotic man• J.J.

Y/n opened her eyes to see her girlfriend's brilliant blue ones staring back at her.

"Hey you."

"Hey.", She smiled.

"We should get up. We'll be late.", JJ told her.

"I know. I just wish we could cuddle in bed all day.", Y/n sighs as they get up.

"Me too, but we can do that after work."

"Sounds perfect."

The morning seems to drag by, but eveyrkne was enjoying a calm morning of paperwork.

Meanwhile, JJ sighs as she finds a particularly urgent case. She rushes to Hotch's office and they both agree that this took priority over paperwork.

"Let's brief the team."

JJ nods and gathers everyone in the conference room.

Once Hotch joins them all, taking his seat, she begins.

"Alright. Boston, Massachusetts. Three victims all in their late 20s, early thirties, y/h/c, y/e/c.", JJ gulps slightly as she looks at the dead women baring a striking resemblance to her girlfriend.

"They look like Y-", JJ cuts Derek off by giving the rest of the details.

"Carmen Mendoza, Lisa Jaxson, and Camille Brooks. They all have burns, bruises, and other wounds scattered in their bodies. The final cause on death was strangulation with a belt. The belt was found still tied around the victim's necks. And there was evidence that they had been sexually assaulted prior to their deaths."

"Strangulation with a belt might imply that the unsub lacks the strength or will to manually strangle his victims.", Derek concludes.

"Well whatever the reason; he needs to be stopped and sooner rather than later. He's already killed three women and he won't be stopping anytime soon. Wheels up in 30.", Hotch takes his file and walks out, shortly followed by the others.

Y/n sits in her seat staring at the photos of the victims. JJ notices the look in her eyes and sits down with her.

"We'll get him."

"They look like me, Jayge. How am I supposed to help these women if I'm constantly being weary of everyone I meet?"

JJ's heart broke just a little when she noticed the tears forming in Y/n's eyes.

She pulled her into a hug.

"I'm not going to let anything happen to you, alright?", JJ tells her when they pull away.

"Alright. Let's go and get this scumbag."

"That's my girl.", JJ smiles and kisses Y/n's forehead before walking out.

On the jet, the team discussed a few more details of the case before sitting quietly for the rest of the flight. JJ pulled Hotch aside as Y/n played a game of chess with Spencer.

"Hey. I was wondering if I could stick with Y/n. I just need her in my sight in this one. It won't interfere with anything, I just need to know she's okay."