~Late night confessions~ D.P.

Diana and Y/n were always close. Even as children the girls were very close.

But as the years went by, feelings went unspoken. It wasn't considered a bad thing in their tribe. But loving someone means having a weakness, and Amazonian's don't have weaknesses.

So when a pilot by the name of Steve Trevor causes a war on Amazonian soil, Y/n immediately harbors negative feelings toward the man.

Diana, however, has other ideas. She immediately sees the good in him and grows close to him. Even so far as going back to the war with him.

Y/n was heartbroken to see Diana go but she remained silent like she had for years. But Diana decided she needed to admit something to the beautiful woman she had grown so close to.

So, in the middle of the night she dragged Y/n onto the sandy beach. Y/n knew she was about to leave after she saw the boat waiting to depart.

When they finally reached the shore, Diana stopped and faced her.

Y/n knew she was about to say something important.

"Y/n. Im leaving. But I promise you, I'll be safe. I just need you to know that I love you. I always have. I'm sorry i didn't say anything sooner, but I was worried you would like someone else."

Y/n smiled and pressed her lips to Diana's.

When she pulled away, she rested their foreheads together.

"I love you too, Di. But I need you to come back. In one piece."

"I promise.", She chuckled as she completely pulled away to admire Y/n's features in the soft moonlight.

She smiled yet again before Steve ruined their moment.

"Diana! We've got to go!"

"Ok. I'm coming!", She shouted back to him, annoyed.

"I'll see you soon."

She pressed one more kiss to Y/n's lips before racing off to the anchored boat and riding off into the night.

Y/n was sad to see her leave, of course, but she was blissful in knowing that Diana would be back. She always keeps her promises.