Lo Mein With Extra Rice

Hi, everyone! I'm so excited to introduce my new werewolf story to you all. Forced To Love You is something I'm very proud of, even as a work in progress. I can't wait to see what you all think as I introduce the characters and storyline. Let me know what you think of chapter 1 in the comments down below!

---

I tossed my backpack into the backseat of my car and sighed. I'd been in college for three and a half years and yet it was still a struggle. It was a struggle to attend class as well as finish all my assignments and papers without losing my mind. Each semester only got harder and harder and I felt like I was drowning with each new assignment my professors added on.

I got into the front seat of my car and rested my head on the headrest, needing just a minute to myself before I headed home.

My phone started ringing from my purse and I groaned. Just a minute. Was that too much to ask for?

I fished for my phone, hoping to catch it before it stopped ringing. I hit the 'answer' button on the screen and held the phone to my ear. "Hey, Ren."

"Hey, sweetie. I'm ordering Chinese takeout for dinner. Do you want me to get you something?"

A smile, one that was few and far between, spread on my face. "That sounds great. Can you get me lo mein with extra rice?" We spoke my order at the same time. It was the same thing I got every time so of course, she knew it.

She laughed. "Alright. Are you done your classes for the day?"

I stared at the brick building in my rearview mirror. "Yes, thankfully. I have a paper to write tonight so you might not see me too much after I eat."

"You're working yourself too hard, Blair."

I was but it wasn't like I could stop. I was just two short months away from getting my degree. Then I could enter the real world and get a job that I actually enjoyed. Not one I just did because I needed the money.

"I know, I know."

"Take a break once in a while. Enjoy yourself now while you're young."

I laughed. "Okay. Maybe once I'm done with school I'll think about enjoying myself."

"I mean it, Blair."

"Yes, aunt Ren."

"I'm going to call the food in so it gets here shortly after you get home. You can take five minutes to eat with me."

I rolled my eyes. She wasn't going to take 'no' for an answer. "Fine. I'll be home soon."

"I love you, Blair."

"I love you, too." I tossed my phone onto the passenger seat and started the car. My heavy rock music blared from the speakers and I closed my eyes for a second, taking in the heavy bass and intense guitar sounds. There was something so relaxing in the intensity of the music I was drawn to. It was a better study tactic than classical music was.

I backed out of the parking spot and headed out of the parking lot. The road wasn't very busy once I left the campus. Most students were done classes by 3 so when I left at 5, it was only employees who were on the road. And some even worked late. The campus was out of the way from the city so the roads around it weren't very traveled.

As I turned left to head toward my aunt's house, trees enveloped the car and took the sunlight with it. I loved the dark and mysterious look it gave everything. It fit the music well.

I propped my elbow on the door, my window down to let the warm air in. My hair moved with the breeze. Thankfully, it didn't get in my face too much to make driving impossible. I didn't need an accident because my hair was in my face.

I looked to my right and saw a rabbit hopping in the direction I'd come in, running like it was trying to get away from something. I frowned. I hated when bigger animals intimidated the little bunnies. They were so cute and harmless.

When I focused my attention back on the road, my eyes widened. A large black wolf stood in my path, looking right at me.

Only a few feet from the wolf, I grabbed the steering wheel with both hands and jerked it to the left. I hit the brakes as hard as I could and felt the car lose traction on the road. A squealing sound filled my ears as it echoed off of the trees around me. The tires hit a large rock on the edge of the road and the roof of the car turned into the floor as the car flipped several times.

I blinked my eyes several times and winced, a deep pain radiating from my head. I could smell gas and something metallic. Glass filled the car around me and I reached up to feel the roof of the car. Feeling the carpeted roof made me realize that I was upside down.

Shit.

I looked around and didn't see my phone anywhere in sight. I had left it on the passenger seat when I started driving but seeing as I was upside down, nothing was on the passenger seat anymore.

I glanced to my left and sighed a breath of relief as there was an opening. That was the only time I was ever grateful for my air conditioning being out.

I reached down and unbuckled myself. My body slid down and my head hit the roof. "Ow."

Slowly, I used the steering wheel to push myself out of the car. Once my hands were able to touch the ground, I pulled myself from the car. I sat back and looked at the damage from where I was. Smoke was coming out of the hood, probably from the engine or something, and the roof was dented in several places. The windows were busted out and my tires were completely sideways.

I groaned. There was no fixing my car now. How was I supposed to get to school and back without a car?

I pushed myself onto my feet and cried out at the shooting pain that sparked up my right leg. I limped away from the car, hoping, no praying, that someone would drive past and help me.

Standing on the other side of the road was the same wolf I'd almost hit with me car. Had he not looked so intimidating, I might have yelled at him for causing me to crash my car.

I swallowed down the fear that filled my body. The wolf's eyes were a bright green, almost so that they lit up in the darkness the trees provided.

It took a step before it lunged at me. I screamed and jumped back. My feet slipped off the pavement and I lost my balance. I fell backward and landed on my back. My head hit the ground and my eyes fluttered shut.