Chapter 15: Step by Step

"The sword doesn't change. So you have to adapt to the sword. You can't change your surroundings. They only change once you have changed."

-Bjørn Aris

________________________________________
|SHIN|

I open my eyes slowly and my head hurts a bit. I seems like I collapsed after my battle against gramps. I gently move to sit and try remember what happens after our fight.

I see... I remembered that gramps used a technique called Tsubame Gaeshi at me to knock me out and then he took off. I just can't help but to sigh.

He didn't hold back even just for a bit. He's incredibly strong, I can't even see myself beating him even after ten years. He's strong despite his age, how much more when he was in his prime? He must be a monster, feared by everyone.

"Brother! You're awake! You've made me worry!" Aria jumps at me crying and hugged me tightly. "I saw you unconscious earlier at the garden! I'm so worried I thought you were dead, stupid brother!"

My lips formed a small smile on its own knowing how worried my little sister is towards me. I brushed her hair and hugged her back and whispers in her ears.

"Don't worry, Aria. Your big brother will never leave you and gramps alone."

She removed her hands around me to brush off her tears and she pouts at me. "What are you even doing there in the first place!? And why is your chin so swollen?!"

I touched my chin a bit and it hurst. It must be the result of gramps' last attack. That move really did caught me off guard.

"Don't worry about that, I was just training." I said and messed her hair.

"Now that mom and dad is gone, do you know how hard it is to keep an eye on you before you do something stupid again?!" She exclaimed as she crosses her arms and pouts even more. My sister is always calm and collective just like mom, but sometimes she shows her cute side to me.

"I'm sorry please forgive your big brother." I clasped both of my palms and close my eyes trying my best to make her forgive me for making her worry.

I heard her deep defeated sigh and pinched my left cheek. I opened my right eye to take a peak and looks like she's not super angry anymore but she's still pouting.

"Alright, I forgive you. But be careful when training next time okay?" She said while smiling at me, I immediately nod my head as a response and she then took my wrist and pulled me up.

"Come on brother, get up now! I'll make you cook my favorite meal as punishment for making me worry and mad." I just let her drag me to where she wants to go, I can't complain because I did made her mad.

When we reached the kitchen, gramps is already there preparing our food for dinner. He looked at us with a big smile and said.

"Come on you two, dinner is almost ready! Sit down and I'll serve it to you."

Aria looks so defeated because she wasn't able to make me cook dinner, but I don't think she's giving up on that idea yet.

"You'll be cooking my breakfast tomorrow, you got that?!" I knew it. I just can't help myself but too laugh, my little sister is indeed adorable.