Chapter 5: The Vows

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

________________________________________

|AZRAEL|

It's a sunny day, and it seems like the weather is on our side to celebrate a special day for both me and Roland.

After his proposal a week ago, we told father about it and he happily agreed to our marriage. We sent a letter to Lionheart and he's so happy when he heard the news.

We also sent a letter to King Luther which Roland looks up to as an older brother, and also to Merlin who's like a sister to him.

But it seems King Luther won't be able to attend today because Queen Igraine will be giving birth to their child and he said he can't leave his wife's side. And Merlin is currently on a mission.

It's sad that they won't be able to celebrate with us but it's fine as long as father and Lionheart is here.

Because today is the day that Roland and I would be pronounce as husband and wife. I can't believe that I will be one with him, be one with the man I love the most.

I am now in a room, waiting for me and Roland's wedding ceremony that will happen few moments from now. I walked towards the window and open it. The fresh breeze blew on me as I close my eyes and took a deep breathe.

"How are you doing, Milady?" I heard a voice coming from behind said so I turned around to see who it was.

I smiled at Lionheart and walked towards him, he immediately kneel and kissed the back of my hand.

"I'm a little bit nervous, but I'm doing fine." I responded.

"Few minutes from now, you and Roland will become husband and wife..." He stated and stand firmly. "He's like a brother to me, please take good care of him." He added. I saw tears starting to build up in his eyes which made me smile. He really love Roland like his own brother.

I hugged him tightly and whispered. "I promise I'll take good care of him, and from now on, I'll become your sister so start calling me that okay?"

He hugged me back and when the two of us separates, he wiped the tears from his eyes and chuckles.

"I'll go first sister, we will wait for you outside." He said and walk out of the room.

I took a deep breathe and prepare myself. I smiled as I looked at myself in the mirror wearing my wedding dress.

"This is it." I said to myself and leave the room.

I saw father waiting for me at the door with a big smile on his face. I walk towards him and gave him a warm hug. I just couldn't express how much I'm thankful to father. I can't stop my tears from falling.

He hugged me back and kissed me on my forehead and said. "It's been more than a year since you came here. I'm so happy and proud to have you as my daughter."

"Thank you, father." I said while still hugging him tightly.

"Let's go now, they're waiting for us outside." Father said as we separated.