Chapter 2: Wisteria Tree

"The remarkable thing about life quite often is meeting people you feel you were destined to meet."

-Ray Bradbury

_________________________________________
|ROLAND|

My eyes can't believe what it's seeing right now. A blinding light struck directly towards the girl I was talking to.

I don't know what's happening, I'm worried about her. I quickly stand and was about to take her hand but I was blown away by the light.

When the light started to calm down a bit, there I saw it. The most divine and majestic person in my entire life, with a brilliance much greater than the King himself.

Her supposedly black hair turns white as a huge pair of wings as pure as the water in the well of life takes her up in the sky.

I can't take my eyes off of her, her beauty's cannot be compared to anyone in this world.

"I am the seventh archangel of the High Heavens, Azrael, the Archangel of Death." She stated as she slowly descends from the sky gracefully.

My heart won't stop beating fast. This is the first time I'm feeling this strange emotion inside me.

I bow my head and kneel to pay my respects. I just can't believe that one of my God's archangel is right infront of my very eyes.

"Raise your head Hero Roland, for I am a mortal too right now." She said with her gentle voice.

I slowly look up to her and she's now back from her form earlier before unleashing her divine powers.

"As you can see, I am the Archangel of Death, Azrael, but it doesn't matter, I'm a human right now so please treat me like how you treat other humans." She said with a smile as she tilts her head a bit which makes her even more beautiful.

"I understand, Lady Azrael." I said as I bow my head once more.

"Please stop using honorific, it makes me feel uncomfortable." She said while scratching her face with her pointer finger as her uneasiness is visible on her face.

I guess I really should avoid using honorific when saying her name.

"I would keep that in mind, in exchange, please just call me Roland." I stated as we sit again infront of the fire.

"Yes sure, I'll keep that in mind too, Roland."

"Anyway, why are you here in midgard, Azrael?" I asked while adding a few twigs in the fire.

"Brother Michael sent me here to learn about the humans and understand them by being a human myself." She answered as she hugged her legs and look at me.

"To be honest, I still don't understand why he sent me here but I trust God that me being here happens for a reason." She added.

I took a deep breathe and look up at the sky. It's night now and the stars are shining like diamonds.

"Maybe God wants you to learn something." I uttered and lay myself on the grass.

"I think of that too." She said and lay next to me. "I guess it's my job to find out what it is." She added as she reaches up the sky with her hands.