Chapter 6: Birth of the New Hero

"The life of inner peace, being harmonious and without stress, is the easiest type of existence."

-Norman Vincent Peale

_________________________________________
|ROLAND|

Now just where in the world are we? My wife and I were sent by Brother Michael to an unknown forest, but it seems peaceful here. I don't sense any danger.

"Hey Dear, where do you think we are?" Hmm... Even I want to know that. Brother Michael says that this is a vacation but I don't see how this makes one.

"Even I have no idea, shall we take a walk?"

She agreed to my suggestion and the two of us walk hand in hand.

Damn, this is our first day as husband and wife! I'm getting nervous for some reasons!

"Are you okay? You're sweating." I touched my forehead and noticed a few drops of sweats that made me feel embarrassed.

Why am I reacting this way?! This is degrading for a Hero such as myself!

"I-I'm just a bit nervous. This is our first day as a married couple after all." She just chuckled and hold unto my arm tightly.

"Calm down okay? It's just me, no need to feel embarrassed, I'm your wife afterall." God... Thank you for allowing me to be the husband of such a kind lady like Azrael...

"You're right. Let's keep going."

We walk for a few miles and noticed a log cabin near the river. We take a look at it and saw a signage at the door of the cabin.

"What does it say?" I took the sign board and read it to her.

"It says here that, 'this cabin is yours, enjoy your time together.' I think it's from Brother Michael. I can feel a bit of his divine presence in this cabin."

"Is that so? Shall we go in?" I nod at her and before we could enter, I noticed a magic circle at the door. Maybe they sealed it so noone could enter except us.

As the two of us entered the house, I felt a strong amount of divine magic. It seems like they blessed this house for us, it's fully furnished and peaceful here. I also saw a map and where this cabin is located, it's area is not small, but just big enough of one family, I wish I could thank them enough for this wonderful gift.

"So what shall we do now? It's getting dark." I looked at my wife who's standing beside the table with her hands in her waist.

We still haven't eaten yet since we came here so, I think I'll look for food first.

"Why don't we go outside and light a fire? Then I'll look for some food. We can even sleep there if you want." Yes, it might be weird but camping outside isn't so bad right?

"Sure let's do that. I also want to enjoy the starry sky with you tonight." She said then smile at me. Her smile never fails to amaze me, it's as beautiful as the Orion stars.

She went out first while I carry the cushion, pillows, and blanket that was in the bed and take it outside for us to use later.