Chapter 16: The Three Fundamental Swords

"A warrior is worthless unless he rises above others and stands strong in the midst of a storm."

-Yamamoto Tsunetomo

_________________________________________
|SHIN|

After gramps left me here in the forest, I must find a way to make it back home on my own. I'm sure that gramps already set up a countless of traps here. He's not the type to hold back when it comes to training.

I walk carefully to find the correct path which lead me outside this forest. As I walk, I heard a sound of breaking branch, it made me if a bit anxious.

I guess I'm just paranoid- Oh shit! "Urgh! Damn it!" Before I even notice it coming, a huge log swings towards my direction and hit me directly on my side!

I lost my balance and I felt like I step on a rope! Damn! It's another trap! I immediately stepped back when and manage to dodge the bamboo arrows that was about to hit me but it seems like there's more trap than I expected.

I stepped on a man-made hole with spikes on the bottom. Good thing I manage to hold unto the side of the hole and didn't fall completely.

I just can't help but to laugh in annoyance. Gramps is not holding back with his tricks. But I'll conquer it and return home immediately or else Aria will be worried sick again.

I slowly climbed my way up again to continue my task. This is serious, how will I avoid all the traps that gramps set up? I guess, I have to resort to this trick.

I climbed one of the trees and jump from branch to brach to avoid the traps that was set on the ground. I continue to jump from one branch to another when I got caught on a thin rope and fall.

"Damn! He even set a trap above, huh?" As expected of gramps. I slowly get up when I felt like I touched something I shouldn't have. I saw a giant boulder falling towards me so I immediately roll to avoid it!

That was close! I'll be as good as dead if that boulder hit me. But I have to continue and finish this task! I must return home to Aria immediately!

I continue to run around the forest. I can't even remember how many times I almost die, how many rocks hit my head, how many times I was almost pierced by arrows, how many times my body was hammered by a giant log. But I must continue to move forward.

I have to get stronger... For Aria and gramps... I have to get stronger so that I won't lose anyone, anymore... This pain is nothing compared to the pain I felt when mom and dad died... I will find my way out of this forest!

And finally... After hours of dodging traps, climbing holes, and running for my life... I manage to get out of that forest in one piece...

I just smiled in relief... Finally...

"Aria, big bro is coming home... Wait for me..." I support myself with the stick I found inside the forest so I can continue to walk...

I continue to drag my battered body home, thanks to the stick I picked up, I manage to reach our house...

I saw Aria standing at the front door of our house with a worried face, few meters away from me... I can finally see her again...