Chapter 20: Revenger

"Remember me and smile, for it's better to forget than to remember me and cry."

-Dr.Seuss

_________________________________________
|SHIN|

"Damn it all! Why the hell are you guys attacking us?!" I kept on parrying each of their attacks but they just kept on rushing at me nonstop!

"Nothing personal, kid. This is just a job." One of the enemies said as they continue to attack us.

I don't know if I can hold them off for a bit, I'm starting to get tired. I tried to step back to put a gap between me and my enemies.

I don't want to kill humans... I can't kill humans... Demons are the reason why I want to become stronger!

I need to retreat, but first, I need to help gramps so we could retreat together! I used my light magic to blind the enemies using 'blinding light'.

"Gramps! Let's retre-"

No...

No way...

"G-Gramps..."

I... I saw him getting stabbed by the enemies in the abdomen right infront of my very eyes...

Why?

Why does he still have a smile on his face even though he was about to die?

He killed the enemies infront of him, but at what cost?

Gramps...

"GRAAAAAMPS!!!"

I can't stand this anymore!

They...

THEY KILLED MY GRANDFATHER!!!

"WRAAAAAAGH!!!"

All of them...

All of them deserve to die!

I remove the sheath of my sword and let the burning rage and wrath take over my body...

I won't spare even one of them...

They took him away from me...

They will pay with their lives!

"Shin Ganryu style, fifth sword..." I will show them no mercy...

"RAIKIRI!"

I slashed and killed each and everyone of them... using my own hands, I took the lives of twelve humans... But I don't even feel even an ounce of guilt...

But still...

The first lives I took wasn't a demon, nor a monster... It was a human... I killed a human...

Gramps... I need to hurry! Maybe I can still save him!

I quickly rushed to where Gramps is and drop my sword.

I pulled out the swords that was pierced in gramps' body and tried to heal him.

"D-Don't worry, gramps! I'm going to save you!" I tried using healing spell that Aria taught me to try to heal gramps' wounds but it was just too deep.