Chapter 13: The Fiery General

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: Recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble."

-Sun Tzu

_________________________________________
|GAWAINE|

"There's so many of them! What should we do, Mamoru?!" I shouted as I blocked one of the enemy's attack that's coming on my way.

"Let's head back first! We can't prolong this battle anymore! We'll suffer heavy casualties!" She shouted back while defending herself from the enemy attacks.

It's hard for us to fight in a long battle with our few numbers, we might be stronger than these demons but our stamina has limits.

I rushed towards to where lady Mamoru is to cover her back because she's having a serious problem by being surrounded by the enemies.

"Blondie! Let's combine our attacks, we can eliminate many enemies in one strike and use that time to make our forces retreat." That's a great idea, as expected from the Knight of the Moon. But it's still such a shame she often calls me Blondie and not my name.

We have a completely opposite magical attribute but we're the most suitable team when fighting. She's the moon and I'm the sun.

Lady Mamoru and I gathered as many magical powers within our bodies as much as we can to make a big explosion that can obliterate many enemies in just a single attack.

We crossed both of our swords and quickly chant our combination spell.

"We the day and the night of the moon and sun, carry our powers with our souls as one!"

"Combination spell! ECLIPSE!"

A huge ball of darkness covered with light generates at the tip of our swords, a massive ball of power capable of eradicating thousands of demons in just one explosion.

We release where the enemy's numbers are concentrated and with just that, we manage to blew up almost half of their armies.

While the enemies are in the state of shock, me and Lady Mamoru together with our army took that chance and retreat.

Even if we manage to eradicate half of the enemy's numbers, forcing the fight will only lead us to our demise, afterall, fatigue is already catching up to me and Lady Mamoru, and we also lost too many allies, I can't afford to risk their lives in this battle.

But it seems like our enemies also decided to retreat. They lost many men too, I guess we could call it a day for now.

"Looks like it's over... For now..." Lady Mamoru stated as she catches her breathe, but due to fatigue, her body started to become weak and she collapsed.

Good thing I manage to caught her before she completely fall to the ground. She did great, as expected from her.

I carried her in my arms and ordered our soldiers to head back first. I still have enough strength left to carry her to the castle that's why I decided that I'll be the one who'll bring her back.