Chapter 9: There's a Storm Coming

"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey."

- Kenji Miyazawa

________________________________________

|KOJIRO|

"Azrael!" Urgh... What just happened to me? I should be outside right now fighting the demons with Azrael-chan and Ro-kun...

I have to move fast! They might be in trouble right now!

I quickly get up on my bed and carry my sword in my back. My grandchildren is still asleep, this might be the perfect time to back Azrael-chan and Ro-kun up.

As soon as I opened the door, it's already morning. The miasma that was coming from the outside is also gone. And even the suffocating aura of the enemies...

What in the world just happened? Is it over? Did they seriously won on their own? But where are they? Are they still reporting to the King?

I walked around and there, I saw Ro-kun's familiar, the Eagle of Fate. It is carrying a note on its mouth while tears are building up in its eyes...

My heart started to pound real hard, I'm having a bad feeling about this. There's something inside me saying that I shouldn't read that note, but I know I'll regret it later if I ignore it.

With my shaking hand, I slowly took the letter from the eagle's mouth and it flew away when I took it.

My hands were still shaking, but I mustered all of my strength and read the letter.

Dear Father, Lionheart, Shin, and Aria.

By the time you read this, Roland and I must've been in a far away place now, so far that you can't reach us with your eyes. But don't worry, father, the two of us will always be looking after you and the kids.

Father, thank you for being with us through thick and thin, thank you for taking care of us even though there's no relation in our blood. Thank you for helping me fulfill my dreams and show me how it really feels like to be a human. I can't thank you enough for all the things you've done for us. Thank you for accepting me as your daughter. We love you, father.

To Lionheart, my dear brother. I thank the High Heavens that they allow us to meet. Continue to become the savior of this world with your sword. Take good care of yourself. Your brother and I will always look after you. Keep the flames in your heart, burning with love.

Aria, my lovely daughter. Continue to smile even if everything gets dark. You, who holds the power that can shine even in the most darkest night. You're our little angel, continue to support your brother and grandfather, and always be a good girl. Your father and I love you so much.

Shin, my dear son. Be a man full of justice, pride, honor, and courage just like you father. You can be anything that you wanted to be, don't forget the things that you learned from me and your father, and use it in the name of justice. Take care of your grandfather and little sister. Fulfill all of your dreams, our little hero. We love you so much.

We're sorry that we won't be able to wipe all of your tears, all we can do is guide you from above. I know someday we will see each other again, but please take your time. Take care of yourselves. Roland and I will be waiting at Valhalla's gates.