And yes, I remembered all of that while I was 15 seconds into a simple lift. Tears came to my eyes, but I wiped them away with the sleeve of my sweater and went on my way as the door opened.

Her flat is right in front of the lift. That helped on days when she got drunk because it was easier to get her home. She now had a new carpet, dark blue, with some Chilli hair on it. I called her to open the door for me, and just then the door opened. There she was, with a solid facial expression and wearing her favorite sweater, and with a towel on her head.

"Damiano, you're not well, right?"

"You know me better than anyone, Vitto.", I said. Just then, her arms wrapped around my torso to hug me. It's amazing how our friendship can be so intense. Sometimes when we fight we don't speak for days, but other times we put our pride aside and pretend that nothing happened.

I like it when Vic hugs me. It reminds me of a child hugging a giant bear or his parents. The warmth of her hug can sometimes even make it seem like everything is okay.

"You can come in, he's not home today.", she said, letting me go.

The atmosphere in her house was completely calm. The furniture was arranged in slightly different ways from the last time I'd been in the place, and the space was brighter.

"Dami, do you want to talk about what you're feeling, or do you want to stay like this with me?"

"I don't want to talk about what happened, please. ", I said. With a glass of water in one hand and the other on my spine, she led me into the living room.

"What are all these books on the table, Vic?"

" You can open them if you want."

"These... these are manuals on geometry, drawing, and art history. What are you up to this time, de Angelis?"

"I'm going to take my chances."

"Is that really what I think it is? You're applying to college?"

"Yes, sir."

" In what field? Don't tell me it's music."

"I thought you'd come to the right conclusion faster, but okay..."

"Arts?"

"No, but that was closer. Design."

"Wow Vic, congratulations! That's good."

"Yeah, but I don't have the subjects. We both know I finished school a few years ago. I'm teaching myself all this."

"And do you know if you'll be able to study if we eventually go back with you on tour?"

"I will. I don't know when, but I will, but after I know all the material. So, what brought you here? Was it something else or were you already like this?"

"It wasn't that. So... I don't know how to tell you this, but... We've received another invitation to perform at the Royal Albert Hall.", I said, pausing my sentence. "on August 30th. And your layoff ends on September 5. And it turns out... maybe I ran after your doctors and made them sign this, all of it.", I showed her the sheets. "The point of all this is that, with this ton of paperwork, you can leave the country."

There was a huge silence in that flat. She stared for minutes at the papers until she said something.

"Damiano, this is too much. You're crazy.", she said, surprised ."So you mean that during these five days I can only leave the country with you?"

"You are very good at concluding."

"And I only have to... sign?"

"Yes, all that's missing is yours."

She took one of the pens that were on top of the notebooks and made her best signature on all those papers. When she finished signing everything, the sparkle in her eyes widened, even getting wet.

"Dami... after that, I feel like kissing you. That is so crazy amazing."

What... what had she just said? Well...I blocked it out for a few light seconds, wondering what she was going to say. I looked her in the eye until she looked back at me.

"For God's sake, I didn't mean it in the way you understood it."

"Yeah, right..."

We were silent for a while. The embarrassment had taken up all the space. How could I have been so stupid?

-

hi guys!
the next 3 chapters will document Måneskin's journey in London UK, to prepare the concert that precedes their world tour.

Also, my already known fanfiction Good Girl - Damiano David got an english version that will be updated every week! I hope some of you will like it :)

if you're able please vote on the chapter, it really means a lot for me♡

tks for reading,
mel.