159

40 years later

Nova's POV

"Luna!! Nick!! We have to go!" I called out as I put my jacket on. "It's not like they're going anywhere." Nicholas said as he and Luna came into the room.

"Funny, because grandma and grandpa said they're waiting." Luna said and raised her brows at Nick.

Today we were going to visit mom and dad. Luna, Nick, and I flew out to Ohio to see them for their anniversary since it's what they would have wanted.

"Yeah, use your medium powers. Little freak." Nick said and ruffled Luna's hair.

"Hey, calm down there baby brother. You're just jealous you didn't get the gift." I teased as we went out to the car.

"You're the bitter one, Nova." Nick said with a grin. "Why would I be bitter? I have the abilities and mom showed me how to use them. I just choose not to." I said as Luna groaned.

"Guys, stop it. It's supposed to be a good day." Luna said as I started the car.

"It is a good day. Just gotta get a couple of hits on the little shit." I said as Nick laughed. "I love you, sis." He said and ruffled my hair.

"I love you more." I said then started driving. It felt weird driving through this town though.

Luna, Nick, and I all grew up in California but mom and dad moved to Ohio ten years ago to open a little restaurant.

Mom always loved cooking and dad always loved mom so he wanted to help her live out her dad's dream.

The restaurant was still running to this day and was run by my son and his girlfriend. They moved out here since my son was a chef and cared about cooking as much as mom did.

She would have been so proud of him.

"We should get flowers." Luna said as I nodded. "That's exactly what I was thinking." I said and looked over at her.

"Twin telepathy." She said with a smile. "Forever and always." I said then reached over and took her hand, squeezing it.

I stopped at the store so we could get some flowers then made our way to the burial site.

"Hi mom. Hi dad." I whispered and ran my hand along their tombstone. "I miss you guys." Luna said quietly as Nick set down the flowers.

It was November so there was snow on the ground, making the purple and yellow flowers pop against the lack of color.

"I can't believe it's been a year." Nick said quietly as we looked down at the grave.

"Yeah." Luna whispered as tears filled her eyes. "Hey. They wouldn't want us to cry." I said and wrapped my arm around her shoulders.

"It's just hard. I miss them so much." Luna said as Nick took her hand. "They had a very long and happy life." He said as I nodded.

"They went on so many adventures with us. Remember when they took us to Colorado for the first time?" Luna asked as she breathed a watery laugh.

"Yeah, dad got us lost in the mountains because he didn't listen to mom. He said he knew where we were going." I said with a fond smile.

"I'll never forget how badly mom roasted him for that." Nick said with a laugh.

"They loved eachother so much that when they fought it was almost funny." Luna said with a sigh. "Yeah." I said as my own eyes watered.

Losing our parents was a hard part of life but they lived and loved for so long.