129

I opened my eyes to the sound of snoring. My body was completely numb from the waist down which was a relief but was also scary.

I looked over to see Colby sleeping on the couch. I was glad he was getting some rest but I was already feeling the boredom set in.

I didn't know how long I slept but it was now bright outside which led me to believe I've been in labor for a good five or six hours.

"Oh good, you're awake." Amy said quietly as she came into the room. "Just woke up." I said and looked at Nicholas's monitor.

"How are you feeling?" She asked and came over to me.

"I'm okay. Numb which is nice." I said as she laughed and positioned my legs so she could check my dilation.

"Well you're about six centimeters so we're making some good progress." She said with a smile. "Make it ten." I said as she grinned.

"I would if I could." She said then patted my leg. "I'll be back soon." She said then nudged her head towards Colby.

"Want me to wake him?" She asked as I shook my head. "Let him sleep. He deserves it." I said with a wink.

"His parents are here, want me to send them back?" She asked as I nodded and reached for the cup of ice chips, which was essentially just water now.

"Alright, you're doing great Violet." She said then left the room.

"Okay, kid. Let's move it along." I said and rubbed my belly gently. "I can't wait to meet you." I said then took a sip of my water.

"Hey, sweetie." Colby's mom said as they quietly came into the room. "Hey, sorry I was asleep." I said as they came over and hugged me.

"It's okay, honey. We are so glad you're able to sleep during this." Colby's dad said as I smile.

"Yeah, epidurals are great." I said and looked at the monitor.

"Do you know how far along you are?" Colby's mom asked and sat next to me. "Six centimeters." I said with a smile.

"Pretty close! Are you getting excited?" She asked as I nodded. "Yeah, I really wish Nova and Luna were here though. I miss those goofy girls." I said quietly.

"When are they coming?" Colby's dad asked. "Not until Nicholas is born and settled in." I said as she nodded.

"That's smart. We did the same thing with Gage when Colby was born." Colby's mom said as Colby groaned slightly.

"You okay, V?" He asked and rubbed his eyes. "I'm okay, sorry if we woke you." I said as he shook his head.

"Is it time?" He asked groggily. "No, love. Not yet." I said as he walked over. "You look beautiful." He said then kissed me.

"You two are so sweet." Colby's mom said as I smiled up at Colby, holding my hand out for him to take.

"I learned how to love by watching you guys my whole life." Colby said which melted my heart. I loved how much he loved his parents.

"We did a pretty good job then." Colby's dad said and kissed his wife's cheek.

"Can you get me some more ice chips?" I asked Colby as he nodded. "I'll be back." He said then left.

"You raised an amazing man." I said and looked up at Colby's parents.

"He's always been a good kid, we didn't have to do much." Colby's dad said with a grin. "Don't be humble, Layne. We shaped him." Colby's mom said with a laugh as Colby came back into the room.

"Here you go, my love." Colby said and handed me the cup of ice. "Thank you." I said and took a spoon ful of them, crunching them with my teeth.

"We're actually going to go get some lunch, I know you can't eat so we didn't want to bring food in here." Colby's dad said as I nodded. "I appreciate that." I said as Colby went to hug his parents.