32

"What?" I asked quietly. "That lady pushed you...I saw her." Luna said innocently. "When?" I asked and sat on her bed. "I had a dream last night." She said with a shrug.

"Oh....well sometimes dreams are really realistic." I said and smoothed her curls down.

"It didn't seem like a dream, mommy. I was there." Luna said as I sighed. "I believe you, sweetheart. It was a very very vivid dream." I said with a sigh.

"Try to get some rest, okay?" I asked as she nodded. "Okay, mommy." Luna said as I leaned down and kissed her head.

"I love you, girls. Have the sweetest dreams." I said quietly as I stood up. "Love you, mommy." Nova and Luna said at the same time. "I love you." I said again then left the room.

I sighed then went into the bedroom where Colby was sitting on the bed. I huffed out a breath as I closed my eyes.

"What's wrong?" Colby asked as I walked towards the bed. "Luna's a medium." I said quietly.

"Huh?" Colby asked as I sat on the bed. "She asked me why the lady pushed me." I said then laid back.

"What lady?" Colby asked and scrunched his brow. "The one that pushed me out the window." I said with a sigh.

"Wait...you never told me that." He said as I nodded. "I had a dream about it but I thought it was just a dream." I mumbled. "So you were pushed?" Colby asked as I nodded. "Yes, I was pushed and our five year old daughter saw it in her dream." I whispered and brought my hands to my eyes.

"Hey..it's okay." Colby said and took my hands. "No, it's not. I don't know how to handle this situation, Colby. If she's seeing things then is Nova, too?" I asked and looked at him with concern.

"We'll just have to take it one step at a time. You've been a medium for a long time, I'm sure you could help them through it if they actually are mediums." Colby said and brushed my hair from my face.

"I hope she grows out of it." I said quietly as I tried to get comfortable. "It's a dangerous gift." I mumbled as Colby wrapped his arms around me. "Yeah, but if she doesn't then she'll have the best mentor." He said then kissed my head.

"I almost die every time I hunt ghosts, Colby." I said with a laugh. "Yeah, shit. That's true." He said as I giggled. "I really have to work on that." I said with a sigh.

"Not anytime soon. Nope. You're gonna be wrapped in bubble wrap." He said as I nodded. "Deal." I said then rested my head on my chest.

"Goodnight." I said then looked up and kissed his jawline. "Goodnight, baby." He said then nuzzled me into his chest.

I was so exhausted from my physical therapy that I fell asleep almost immediately. I had dreams all night about Nova and Luna having medium abilities.

They were teenagers in my dreams and they were going out to hunt ghosts like Colby and I did.

I was terrified that this would become a reality for us in the future because I just wanted to protect our girls.

When I woke up I noticed Colby wasn't in the room anymore, which either meant I overslept or he was up super early for some reason.

I sighed then got out of bed, groaning at the pain. "Medicine." I mumbled then went into the bathroom.

I grabbed my pill bottles then took then before making my way out of the room. I could hear Nova and Luna giggling in their room so I made my way over there.

"Hi, mommy!" Nova said causing Luna to look at me. "Mommy!" She said as they ran over to hug me. "Hi, loves. How'd you sleep?" I asked and hugged them. "Gooooood. Daddy made us breakfast." Luna said with a smile.