56

Colby and I spent the rest of the weekend making sure that Nova and Luna knew they were loved and that they felt special.

We took them on any adventure that they wanted to go on and spent almost every waking moment with them.

It broke my heart that a simple phrase from a stranger could effect them so much.

Luckily when Colby and I dropped them off the school had a security guard and Josh was nowhere to be seen.

Right now Colby and I were on out way to our first doctor's appointment for the baby.

"How are you feeling?" Colby asked as he took my hand.

"Nervous. I think I'm gonna bring up the anxiety with her. I don't want to mess anything up." I said and looked over at him.

"You didn't mess anything up the last time, V. I do think it will be a good idea to talk about it though." Colby said as I nodded.

"I think it's normal for you to be feeling like this." Colby said as I nodded.

"Yeah, I just can't wait to see the little bean with my own eyes." I said and put my hand on my belly.

"I'm excited, too." Colby said then brought my hand to his lips.

When we got to the doctors office we made our way inside and checked in at the front desk. "I can't wait to see Amy." I said with a smile.

"I know, it's been years. I wish we had the twins with us, she would lose it at out big they are." Colby said as I gasped.

"Yeah, we have to bring them to one of these appointments when we tell them." I said excitedly as the door opened.

"Violet." A nurse said with a warm smile. "Let's go." I said then stood up and led the way to the back. "How are you doing?" The nurse asked as she walked us to the exam room.

"Good, excited." I said with a smile. "First baby?" She asked as I shook my head.

"No, we have five year old twins. We've been having a hard time conceiving so we are really excited." I said as Colby nodded.

"Well I'm very excited for you." The nurse said as we walked into the exam room.

She asked us a bunch of questions like when my missed period was, if I was on any medications, and other stuff like that.

I could feel the excitement fluttering in my chest with every question. It made all of this feel real.

"Alright, Dr. Port will be in shortly." The nurse said as she left the room. "How are you feeling?" I asked and looked at Colby.

"I'm good. It's weird being back here." He said and took my hand. "Yeah, weird but in a good way." I said as the door opened.

"Violet and Colby Brock." Amy said as I giggled. "Hi, Amy!" I said with a wide smile. "How are you guys doing? It makes me so happy that you guys are still together!" She said as I smiled.

"Together and better than ever." I said as Colby grinned and kissed my hand. "That's great. Sooooo I assume you're with child since you're here." Amy said as I nodded.

"I hope so." I said and put my hand on my belly.

"Okay, it looks like your missed period was a week ago so that baby is going to be itty bitty but we're gonna take a look and I can tell you how far along you are." Amy said then grabbed the ultrasound wand.

"We're going to do an internal ultrasound because it's going to be small." Amy explained as she got it set up.

"It might be a little uncomfortable but you're tough." Amy said as Colby squeezed my hand. "Yeah, she's the toughest." Colby said quietly.