65

Colby's POV

"Can we talk about it?" I asked as I pulled away from Violet, wiping the tears from her cheeks. "I don't know what to say." She whispered and looked into my eyes.

"What's on your mind?" I asked and carefully brushed her hair behind her ears. "I failed them. I failed as a mother." She said with so much pain in her voice that I felt my own heart crack.

"No, you didn't." I said as her eyes watered again. "I just...I just let him take her. I let him take Luna a-and if you didn't do what you did then she would be God knows where...a-and he would be....he would....oh God..." Violet cried out as she brought her shaking hands to her face.

"Shhh....it's okay. That didn't happen. You didn't let him take her. He knee'd you in the stomach while you're pregnant with an already scary pregnancy. You didn't let him take her and I didn't let him keep her." I said feeling the anger swelling in me.

The fact that stupid son of a bitch thought he could put my daughters in danger made me want to absolutely kill him. When I got in the car I don't even remember what came over me.

All I could think about was the fact that he was trying to kidnap Luna and that he tried to kill the baby in Violet's stomach.

I just remember taking his head and smashing it into the steering wheel while Luna screamed.

I tried to pretext her as the car slammed into a tree but she flew forwards, smashing her head into the dashboard.

I wanted to kill him.

"I hate seeing them so scared." Violet whispered as I nodded. "I do, too. I also hate seeing you so hurt." I said as her lip quivered.

"I'm hormonal." She whispered as I breathed a laugh. "I know, love. I'm gonna make you some tea and a snack, okay?" I asked as she nodded. "Okay." She said as I leaned in and kissed her forehead.

I then stood up straight and turned to leave the room. "Colby?" Violet asked quietly causing me to turn around and look at her.

"I love you." She whispered and looked up at me. I smiled at her for just a second, taking my time looking at all of her features.

It was crazy how after all these years I still couldn't find a single flaw in her. She was the most beautiful girl on the inside and out.

"I love you more." I said with a grin then turned and left the room. When I got downstairs Sam was dancing around the kitchen with Nova and Luna in his arms.

Both of the girls were giggling loudly as he whistled a song. I grinned then leaned against the doorframe, watching them.

It made my heart so happy that Sam had a good relationship with my kids.

I knew he would be an amazing dad but seeing him like this just confirmed it.

"Uncle Sammy, stop!" Nova giggled as Luna squealed. "Alright, alright." Sam said with a smile as he stopped spinning.

"Oh, welcome back." Sam said and looked at me. "Yeah, V needed me for a minute. I'm gonna make her some tea and a snack then I think it's time for these girls to get a bath." I said and walked over to them, caressing Nova and Luna's cheeks.

"I can stay until you get Violet situated then Kat is gonna come pick me up." Sam said as I nodded.

"Thank you so much for being here." I said to him as he nodded. "Anytime, man. I know you would do the same for me." Sam said as I started making Violet's tea.

I made Violet some lavender chamomile tea then got one of the plates of cheese and crackers she made earlier for the girls, then made my way upstairs.

"Violet?" I asked and came into the room. "Still here." She said quietly.