158

I let everything register as I looked around the room to see all of our friends standing around with smiles on their faces.

"Mommy! We drew you pictures!" Luna said as Nova hugged my legs.

"Pictures?" I asked as Nicholas calmed down in my arms. I didn't know why Colby thought it would be a good idea to surprise me like this when he knew I had the baby but it was okay.

"Yeah!" Nova said as she looked over at Luna. "Let's go get the pictures, Lulu!" Nova said then grabbed Luna's hand and ran away.

"V!" Tara said as she came up to me. "It's been forever!" I said then gave her a hug. "I know! You have a whole ass other kid." She said as Jake looked at Nicholas.

"He's like...fresh out of the oven." He said as I laughed. "He's like 7 weeks old." I said as Devyn and Corey came over.

"Happy Birthday, V!" Corey said as he hugged me. "Thank you! You guys are amazing for being here." I said with a smile as Nova and Luna ran over again.

"Mommy, look!" Luna said and shoved the paper towards me. "Wow. Look at these." I said quietly and crouched down to be level with them.

"It's a cake with a bear on it." Nova said as I pouted my lip out. "For my little Nova bear." I said as Nicholas fussed.

"Shhh, it's okay." I whispered and rocked him as Nova and Luna went over every detail of their drawings.

I felt my heart swelling in my chest at how happy they were. They were so excited about the little things and it was so beyond admirable.

"Nova! Luna! Can we go play now?" Grayson asked as he ran over. "Yeah!! Here mommy!!" Nova said as she and Luna handed me all of the papers.

"Have fun girls." I said with a smile then kissed their heads and stood up.

"They're so adorable." Devyn said as they scurried away. "I know. I love them so much." I said then looked down at Nicholas.

"Here, wanna meet him?" I asked as she nodded. "His name is Nicholas and if you cuddle him then he's your new best friend." I said as he cooed up at Devyn.

"I'll be right back." I said then went over to where Colby was.

"Cole Robert Brock I cannot believe you did this." I said and squinted at him as he grinned.

"The surprises have only just begun." Colby said and wrapped his arms around my waist. "I hate surprises." I said with a smile as he nodded.

"I know. You look pretty happy right now though." He retorted as my heart raced. "Yeah, I guess I am." I said then put my hand on his cheek and kissed him.

I could feel the love and happiness coursing through my veins as we kissed.

"Come on, I have a couple things I wanted to show you." Colby said then took my hand and led me into the living room.

There was a big banner that read 'Happy 17th Birthday!' With balloons and stuff that all had 17 on them.

"I'm not turning 17, although it's flattering." I said with a laugh as he put a sash over my chest that said happy 17th birthday.

"No, but I didn't know you when you were seventeen and I know nobody was able to throw you the 17th birthday party that you deserved." Colby said as tears welled up in my eyes.

"That's so sweet." I whispered then turned and kissed him. When we pulled away Sam came over with a little tray of red drinks.

"Fruit punch?" He asked causing me to laugh. "Is there any vodka in it?" I asked as he shook his head.