Eight

I walked out of my room then went towards where Gaia was, seeing Aloy already in here sitting on the ground.

"Good morning, Shaye."

"Shaye, we've almost found Saga!" Aloy excitedly told me and I felt my heart jump.

"Are you sure?!" I asked and she nodded, my feet taking me to her to watch.

"We've tracked her to the Sky clan of the Tenakth, but then she's sold again! She was sold just last full moon!" Aloy said and I took a deep breath as I waited.

"I have located her, Shaye. She is currently passing through Barren Light. A Charger will have you there in mere hours, long before they set off again." Gaia said and I grinned.

"Thank you, Gaia!"

"Let's go!" Aloy said then we ran from the room, but I ran right into Kotallo and Aloy nearly ran into Erend.

"Where are you two-"

"We've got Saga, we need to go!" I said and the men turned to follow as we went to the Chargers. As Erend rode with Aloy, I sat behind Kotallo on his with my arms around his waist.

"Another hour!" Aloy yelled over the wind and the pounding of the metal feet on the earth then I nodded, setting my head on Kotallo's back as we flew. When we stopped just outside Barren Light on the Western Side, I jumped off and ran into the settlement.

"Shaye, wait!" Aloy yelled, catching up to me.

"Wait, let me scan with my Focus to find her!" She said and I nodded, waiting as she scanned the area.

"There, the tents in the back." She said and we went over then I saw guards, nobles, traveling merchants, and children.

"Halt! No one allowed-"

"Let us through before I gut you!" I snarled as I held my sword to the guard's pelvic, making him swallow as he and his friend let us pass.

"Who the hell are you?!" A Meridian Elite asked, but I glared at him as I looked at the children in cages. Then I saw her.

"Saga!" I breathed and her eyes lit up.

"Shaye!" I grinned at her then glared at the man, making him swallow.

"She-she's your sister?!" He asked, but before he could move, I killed every single guard here about to attack me.

"Savior-"

"Buying and selling people is illegal, I will do nothing to stop her." Aloy smirked next to me then I went towards the man.

"I will make this very, very clear to you!" I snarled and shoved him against the post behind him.

"You so much as look at another child, I will return and leave with your testicles hanging around my neck! You buy another child, I will cut off your cock next! Am I crystal clear?!" I growled and he vigorously nodded.

"Ke-keys are on-on the table!" He said then Erend grabbed them as I knocked the men out. Aloy and I tied the men up for the guards to grab, but I stopped as Saga began to run to me.

"Saga!" I breathed and dropped to my knees, hugging her tightly as I finally, finally cried.

"I'm here, Shaye! I'm okay!" She whispered, gripping my back tightly.

"Let me look at you!" I pushed her back some then brushed her hair back, laughing as she grinned at me.

"You have grown, sister!" I whispered and shook my head, kissing her forehead as I hugged her.

"What about them, Shaye?" I looked at the other children here then sighed when I realized they were mostly Otejo children.

"Can your King Avad escort them back to Otejo Clan land?" I asked, but Aloy shook her head.

"The Tenakth will take it as a threat-"

"Then we will escort them back." Kotallo cut in and I smiled.

"Then they will go home, Erend." I said and looked at the other children.

"You're going home." I whispered and they cheered, making me laugh.

"Shaye, your face." I looked at Saga then she reached out, touching the scars across my blind eye.

"I'm alright, Saga. This is an old wound, I've long since healed." I said and held her tightly as I stood, her legs and arms wrapping around me.

"I'll have shelters set up for us." Aloy said and I nodded as I sat by the fire with Saga.

####

I looked up as Kotallo stepped into the shelter we were sharing for the night then he paused as he saw Saga asleep on me.

"I apologize, I wasn't aware she was asleep-"

"It's okay." I whispered and looked down at her, smiling as I brushed her hair back.

"Your scar is fairly new, so I assume you got it when she was taken." He noted as he sat on his bedroll, making me smile.

"I did. The night she was taken, one of the bandits attacked me using a weapon of his own design. It had three blades, took my sight from my left eye. It's one of the reasons I was held back from tracking them and saving her right away." I whispered and he nodded.

"Now that you have her, what will you do?" He asked and I looked at him confused.

"Will you return to Otejo clan lands? Or will you stay here with us, help Aloy in her mission against the Blight, the Zeniths?" He asked, tilting his head just slightly in a questioning manner that I nearly found cute.

"I... I don't know. I want to wait, see what Saga wants, then I will decide from there." I softly spoke and he nodded.

"I understand. Then, until you know the answer, I will see you in the morning." He said and I nodded as he laid down. I slid down the bedroll as well and pulled the blanket over top of Saga and I, hugging her closer and realizing Kotallo was waiting until I was settled before blowing out the candle that lit our small shelter.

"Goodnight, Kotallo." I whispered over my shoulder and heard him let out a soft breath.

"Goodnight, Shaye." He whispered and, just like that, the candle was out.