𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟖 ;

Começar do início

"Sister-in-law?"He mumbled to himself.

"We're married or... she is your husband's little sister?"The black-headed apprehensively questioned, his index finger pointing to your direction until you swatted his hand away, sharing the same obfuscation countenance with the male next to you, however.

"Do all of us have amnesia except your sister or we are already married but we forgot."

"That's technically the same thing, idiot, and why are we talking about marriage?"

"Moron, you started it first—"

"None of you are married!"Loid eventually interrupted from the kitchen, suddenly getting hostile at the thought of you marrying a guy who could have a chance to destroy your life. He is a Secret Police, for crying out loud!

"You think I want to marry a complicated woman like you?"He muttered once Yor is now out from earshot and you gave him a scorn look.

Is this insolent bastard picking a fight with me?

"You think I want to marry a guy that has a sister complex?"

"Sister complex? No, no, you got me wrong there."He shook his head and look over at her sister with fondness. Quirking up an eyebrow at the sudden change of his expression, you followed his gaze and landed on the laughing couple in the kitchen.

Truth to be told, they do look like a real married couple from where you are sitting.

"I just love my sister dearly. She's the only relative that I have left."

Your lips pursed into a thin line before forming a small smile. Ah, you understand his feelings very well.

Having Loid as your only blood-related relative, you want nothing but the best for him. He even go as far joining the military just so you could have a proper life as a Westalian citizen and you swore his spirit left his body when you told him your real job.

Chuckling at the old memory, you rested your elbow on the armrest of le Corbusier LC2. "I could see why. She's gorgeous."

He immediately agreed. "You are not wrong."

You peek over to the guy next to you from the corner of your eyes after hearing his tone, his chest puffed out as if in pride. Your eyes rolled at his exaggerating reaction. "Now, why are you the one who looks so proud?"

"She's beautiful and kind. Of course, I'm proud to call her my sister!"

"I'm jealous. I hope someone would be proud to call me their relative."Hearing your comment, Loid snapped up his head to look at you.

< Hey, I even told our superior in our Agency that we are relatives. >

He mouthed and you only stuck your tongue playfully as he even hide you behind him when Franklin first spotted you with him. Howbeit, you know him very well that he did it only to protect you.

The word ' protective ' describes him perfectly.

"But Sis, why didn't you say anything for an entire year? I can't understand it unless you give me an explanation."Yuri finally voiced out after Yor finished putting the huge bouquet of roses in a small vase.

She carefully settled herself next to Yuri, head lowered down before looking at him in the eyes.

Well, she probably could make up a great excuse so you pay no heed to their conversation. Eyes now focused on the news on the small television, you took a white mug with a light blue colored line adorned around it and took small mouthfuls of warm milk that your cousin prepared.

But her next sentence caused you to choke on your drink, making you cough into your palm and turned yourself away while Loid dropped another glass interior due to how confident she looked after uttering her lousy excuse.

"It was because... I forgot to tell you!"

"What?"Both you and Yuri spoke simultaneously after you recovered from your coughing fit.

"I simply forgot to!"

"Then... why didn't you tell me you had a husband back then?"

She surely came up with another great excuse, right—?

"That was because... I forgot that I forgot to tell you about my marriage."

Nope, someone needs to expand her vocabulary, you silently thought, sharing the same look of disbelief with your cousin when another sound of glass shattered echoed.

Oh well, that's not enough to lie to him. He is a second lieutenant after all.

"I see. I'm sorry for doubting you, Sis."

How simple-minded he can be?

After all, your speculation isn't wrong. This man over here had no sense of logic towards his sister. When the two siblings fell into a fit of laughter, both you and Loid exchanged a look of incredulity with each other due to their untypical conversation.

You reached a conclusion that night, which is:

This Briar family is the weirdest family you have ever met.