Author's Note

Hi, I'm back! <3

THANK YOU FOR PICKING THIS STORY AND READING <3

I've been working on this one for a while so I hope you enjoy it, especially because I've been trying something new with this one! Also, the good news is, I actually have the first book of this story finished already so you won't need to worry about me bailing out haha!

What I wanted to add this note at the beginning of this story specifically to share a little bit of a warning, so please check that out below!

Other than that, I hope you all enjoy! Thank you as always for your support and don't forget to vote and comment to let me know your thoughts! <3

Love,
Luckycharms

CONTENT WARNING

This story contains triggering content such as violence, racism, trauma, and sexual abuse/harassment. Please be mindful of these triggers if you wish to read this story.

I also wanted to add that themes in this story are loosely based on themes from the Sri Lankan Civil War - a war fought between the Tamils (specifically the LTTE, a militant group) and the Sri Lankan Government. As a Tamil woman whose identity revolves heavily around the effects that this Civil War had on my family, I have spent a lot of time researching and studying these topics, including interviewing survivors for papers and getting my Master's Degree in History - specifically the effect of the Sri Lankan Civil War on Tamil Refugees in Canada. I wanted to use this story as an outlet to highlight some themes I came across over the years, however this is entirely fictional and none of the characters are meant to represent any real people. Again - please be mindful of your triggers when reading this story and understand that concepts and themes within this story are entirely based off of my opinion and personal experiences, but also are entirely fictionalized.

Thank you!!