Choice

y/n's POV
We then succeed getting out from the van without STRIKE notice. Thanks to Hill for that. We now arrive at an old abandoned 'cave'? Let's just pretend it's cave if it doesn't.

"GSW. She lost at least a pint." Hill run to find the medic team while I'm helping Nat on her feet together with Steve. "Maybe two." Sam replied. "Let me take her." suddenly a doctor ran by approaching us but cut off by Hill. "She'll want to see him first." I share confuse look with both Nat and Steve. "About damn time." one and only Nick Fury said. I rush Nat to sit on a chair for doctor to check her wound while another check my face that quite beaten up.

"Lacerated spinal column, cracked sternum, shattered collarbone, perforated liver and one hell of a headache." Fury tell his complications. "Don't forget your collapsed lung." The doctor add. "Let's not forget that. Otherwise I'm good." he said weakly.

"They cut you open. Your heart stopped." Nat said in disappointment. "Tetrodotoxin B. Slows the pulse to one beat a minute. Banner developed it for stress. Didn't work so great for him but we found a use for it." Fury continue. "Alright pirate why all the secrecy? Why not just tell us?" I stand and make my way to him.

"Any attempt on director's life had to look successful." Hill reply. "Can't kill you if you're already dead." he add. "Besides, I wasn't sure who to trust." I let out a heavy sigh.

While with James....
"Mission report." Pierce ask but no respond from him. "Mission report now." Pierce ask second time but still no respond. He soon slap James in the face. "The man on the bridge. The girl. Who are they?" James ask. "You met them earlier this week on another assignment." James pause for a moment. "I knew them." Pierce then pull a chair and sit in front of James. "your work has been a gift to mankind. You shaped the century and I need you to do it one more time." James just stare at him with a scared look. He didn't want to do it but he had to.

"Society's at a tipping point between order and chaos and tomorrow we're gonna give it a push. But, if you don't do your part I can't do mine....and hydra can't give the world the freedom it deserves." James then look at the old man straight to the eyes. "But I knew them." Pierce soon ask the doctors prep him to wipe out his memories about the most two important person to him.

Back to Fury...
"This man declined the nobel peace prize. He said peace wasn't an achievement, it was a responsibility." Fury show the picture of Pierce. "He's really getting on my nerves." I said clenching my fist. "See, it's stuff like this that gives me trust issues." he sigh in frustration. "We need to stop the launch." Nat state. "I don't think the council's accepting my calls anymore" he then show us a briefcase.

"What's that?" Sam ask. "Once the helicarriers reach 3000 feet, they'll triangulate with insight satellites, becoming fully weaponized." Hill explain to his question. "We need to breach those carriers and replace their targeting blades with our own." Hill then add "One or two won't cut it. We need to link all three carriers for this two work because if even one of those ships remains operational, a whole lot of people are gonna die." All of us share the same worry look.

"We have to assume everyone aboard those carriers is hydra. We have to get past them, insert these server blades and maybe, just maybe we can salvage what's left..." Steve then cut Fury off. "We're not salvaging anything. We're not just taking down the carriers, Nick. We're taking down SHIELD."

"We're not taking down SHIELD.." Fury argue but still been cut off by Steve. "You give me this mission. This is how it ends. SHIELD's been compromised. You said so yourself. Hydra grow right under your nose and nobody noticed." the situation get heated and I change my place beside Nat. Didn't like the tension.

"Why do you think we're meeting in this cave? I noticed." Fury still defending himself. "How many paid the price before you did Nick?" I'm asking him now. I look at him emotionless. He now turn his gaze to Hill next to him and back to me. "Look, I didn't know about Barnes." I run my hands through my hair. "Even if you had, would you have told me or at least Steve? I've been searching him for months, months! I've been in that place, tortured and guess who save me? HIM!" I shout at him anxiously.

"SHIELD, HYDRA it all goes." Steve said in defeat. "He's right." Hill agreed. Fury then turn to Nat and she lean back. He turns to me and I just stare at him blankly. Lastly he turns to Sam. "Don't look at me. I do what he does, just slower." Fury then pause and sigh. "well...it looks like you're giving the orders now, Captain." I smile at him proudly and walk out to get some fresh air.

'you know Dash, you remind me of my old friend. I know his face, but couldn't remember his name.' James told me when we had our 'rest time'. 'well I'm sure he's a good friend. I would love to meet him.' I give him a small smile.

'can you promise me you will never me James?'
'I will Dash.'

"He's gonna be there kid." Steve stand beside me. "I know. It's just hard to fight him." I let out a heavy sigh. "Look, whoever he used to be and the guy he is now, I don't think he's the kind you save. He's the kind you stop." Sam added. "I don't know if I can do that." Steve look down. I take his hand, give him a tight squeeze. "He might not give us both a choice. He doesn't know us, but we will make him remember right?" I look at Steve and he nod pull me into a tight hug.

"Gear up. It's time." Steve said. We both then make our way inside leaving Sam. "you're gonna wear that?" I grin at him "well birdie, if you're gonna fight a war, you got to wear a uniform."