Ace 4: I came back for your smile...

You closed the door behind you, with a soft click you let the tears you held back fall down your cheeks silently. Biting your bottom lip to hold back the sob that was growing in your chest you stumble towards your bed, falling face first into it you scream into the pillow.

You kept screaming until your felt raw and it hurt to swallow. Soft whimpers escaped your lips as your body shook with every sob that wracked your body. You want to scream some more, but opening your mouth your voice broken and soft barely came out above a whisper.

And it was like this, that you fell asleep.

"Oi, (Name)!" Ace said, poking your sore cheeks as you slowly opened your puffy red eyes.

"Fall asleep crying again?" He asks with a small frown on his lips. His dark eyes watch you cringe and turn away from him.

"Go away Ace..." You whispered in a hoarse voice. His frowned deepened as he sat there looking thoughtful for a moment. He gets up and you think he's actually going away when you feel something lay across your stomach.

"Augh!" You groaned, and looked down, seeing the raven haired man laying on top of you.

"Stop cryiiiiiiiing!~" He says pushing himself down more so it was squishing you. You squealed and tried to push him off, he gives you a slight smirk and you smack his back.

"Ow..!" He gasps, rolling over onto his back so now he was laying on your chest. You squeal again and you feel his back vibrate a bit as he laughs at you. Your cheeks turn a light shade of pink as you frown at him.

He doesn't make any indication he was going to move so you have to think of a way to get the raven haired commander off of you. A small smirk graces your lips as you slip your slim fingers under his arms, brushing your fingers across the sensitive parts of his skin. He yelps and rolls off you, laughing a bit. Your smirk widens as you jump up and straddle his waist, slipping your fingers under his arms again.

"(Na-Name)..!" He laughs loudly, while trying to pull you off him. You are relentless as he squirms under you, your position gave you the upper hand, but it wasn't long until he had you flipped back onto your back and his fingers trailing down your sides, sending bubbling fits of laughter from your chest. You tried to push him off you but he was far stronger than you. He had a large smile on his lips as he listens to you laugh, finally after awhile he stops, letting you take in deep breaths of air as you looked up at him, a small smile on your lips.

"I-Idiot.." You gasped, panting lightly as he just smirks down at you.

"And who's fault is this?" He asks leaning over and giving your nose a light kiss. Your face turns red and you sigh, you had finally caught your breath. Closing your eyes you feel him shift over you, no longer straddling you but was now leaning over you.

"Yours, you were on top of me!" You giggled a bit, opening your eyes just as he brings his lips to yours. The kiss was short but sweet and when he pulls away your lips taste a bit like a campfire. You lick your lips and he raises a brow and you grin at him.

"What..? I like the way you taste..!" You laugh a bit and he chuckles, sitting up and grinning down at you.

"Come on (Name)! Let's go get some food!" He cheers, happy that he's cheered you up as he grabs your hand and yanks you out the bed. You fall off the bed and his the floor.

You open your eyes while rubbing your nose, Ace was gone. You look around confused just as it dawns on you.

It was a dream...

You could almost hear your heart break as the memories flood into your mind. This wasn't your room on the ship, that ship was gone. The people walking around outside are strangers, you were in an inn.

A scream bubbles up from your chest, tears welling up in your eyes.

Ace...

You cover your mouth, your hoarse screams being buried by your fingers. You gasp as the door opens, your teary eyes meeting startled blue ones. Marco looks down at you in your pitiful form, a look of realization flashes through his eyes and suddenly you found yourself pulled into a warm hug.

You couldn't hold it back anymore, you cried until you felt like your body was falling apart. Your weak screams and choked sobs echoed down the hall, making the whole inn fall silent, listening to your mournful cries.

When you finally quieted down, Marco moved you back to your bed, sitting with you as you slowly drifted back to sleep, your eyes never left his. You mouthed something to him and he gives you a weak smile.

"I miss them too." He says, his voice cracks a bit and he looks away from you. You squeeze your eyes shut, licking your chapped lips. A gasp escapes your lips and Marco looks down at you surprised as fresh tears pour down your cheeks.

Your lips tasted like a campfire, like him.